Your "ta-daah!" list

Old 12-01-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Your "ta-daah!" list

In the spirit of focusing on myself and not thinking about XAH, I thought it would be nice to start another "Ta-daah" list, much like I used to do when I did The Artist's Way. Things have been so hectic lately and I've felt so confused, so I think it's important to celebrate the small victories of the recent and not-so recent past.

Here's my Ta-daaah list. What's yours?

1) I left XAH after 5 up and down crazy/miserable/exhausting years, and took my daughter with me.

2) I have moved in with my parents, giving myself a much needed break, and giving my daughter a stable, loving home.

3) I found a well-paying job with good insurance during a time where the economy sucks the big one.

4) I have paid off my debts to the gas company, hydro company, and my Mastercard. All I have left are two smaller debts: cable/internet company, quebec taxes before my credit report is "clean" and my credit rating can be improved!

5) I have made payment arrangements to reimburse my two larger debts.

6) I went tango dancing, just once, and it felt fantastic.

7) I've gotten back in touch with a friend I dumped for XAH, and we're happily writing to each other.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Dude! That's one helluva list! Fantastic!!

You're an inspiration!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hmm...

1) Finally considering my needs and wants in the relationship and realizing they are just as important

2) Taking control of my own finances by opening a separate account and depositing my paycheck into that one, calling companies to learn about how to split our joint bills etc

3) rekindling and strengthening friendships that I had let go slightly neglected while with AH. Hanging out with a girl friend one on one like I had hardly not done at all in the past 2 years

4) letting my parents help me out a bit, I usually hate to accept help

5) taking a nice walk or hike at least once a week with my dog, who unfortunately may be leaving the country soon w/ AH oops right this is a good list no sadness allowed

6) beating my brother in law at wii games

7) managing to hold down my job and while not the perfect job one that allows me wiggle room during this difficult time in my life

haha
wish i had more to add for now.. this is enough. Dreaming of a vacation though!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Getting my entire family to a counselor. I always thought I had my stuff together but the ah through me for a loop.

That's my biggest so far -- and it means the world to me. I no longer feel like I have gone completely insane. We need help. I recognized it and got on it and I pray for better days.