Did I do the right thing?

Old 09-17-2003, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mamasmitty

Did I do the right thing?

Well, as some of you know, I was devorced 5 years ago and moved out. My X had custody of my kids, so I was alone most days. Durring that time, I learned so much about myself, even learned to LOVE myself for the first time in my like! I was never able to understand that concept! I was also proud of myself for making it on my own, even though I was struggling finantualy. (I had 2 jobs) I never thought that was something I could ever do.
When My X (A) and I started seeing each other again, after a while he invited me back to live with him. He put it this way: "Move back, and you can have the master bedroom, and we can pool our money and get the kids through school, maybe even take a couple of trips". Well, It took 3 months, but I decided to. I was really hoping to work things out. To me it seemed such a waste for us not to be together. We had 13 pretty good years together raising the kids with a lot of good memories. PLUS I wanted to be with my kids!
So NOW that he is drinking A LOT, and he is getting worse with the Hygene thing, and I think every day about "when" I will move out, (when the kids move out) Do you think I did the wrong thing moving back? OR the RIGHT thing for the WRONG reasons?

Old 09-17-2003, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Only you can know that.

For one thing you split for a reason...chances are that reason didn't go away.

Your relationship is a model for your children. I don't know their ages but I do know they are absorbing everything they see. Do you want them to have relationships like you have? Is your relationship a good example?

Hugs,
JT