Is it happening again?

Old 11-29-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it happening again?

Me and my ABF got in a little fight today and i went to a garage to grab the vacuum cleaner and decided to look in his old spot... and guess what i found....? a syringe! the needle part was broken...
I don't know how long it's been there. I haven't checked that place in about 3 month.
I called his mom(we live with his parents), she asked me not to say anything to him just yet and wait till she gets home.
And thats when i thought he was finally clean.... Btw he was clean since the end of september....
Old 11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It would be an unfair bet if I said he claims it must be old... I'm sorry. Is he active in meetings? Are you?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep he told his mom that she was probably the one to put it there to get me and him in a fight. And that he knows that I know about that spot and if he was doing something he would not put it in the spot where we can find it.
He didn't look high or anything... His mom suggested to stop talking to him, only on minimum and maybe then he will confess that he slipped.....
I bought a book yesterday and started reading: Codependency no more !
Old 11-30-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He may not have slipped. You need to go to Naranon and share. An expectation is a planned resentment...Your new book will help...also a forum on Daily Strength on codependency.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I bought that book a long time ago and could not understand it... I read it again and love it.

Originally Posted by DreamAngel View Post
Yep he told his mom that she was probably the one to put it there to get me and him in a fight. And that he knows that I know about that spot and if he was doing something he would not put it in the spot where we can find it.
He didn't look high or anything... His mom suggested to stop talking to him, only on minimum and maybe then he will confess that he slipped.....
I bought a book yesterday and started reading: Codependency no more !
Old 12-01-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

like littlebird...............the first time I read codepenent no more I really couldnt see how it applied to me..............I re-read it later and yup its most certainly me..........

as far as the needle, the things they say when caught will never cease to amaze me
the silent treatment never really worked out for me............actually nothing works in getting the truth ~the whole truth and nothing but the truth from an addict trying to protect their addiction.............

I would suggest that you keep reading your book..........and protect your money and valuable items............
and trust your gut............deep down you know that you felt something was off........and you looked after 3 months for a reason......trust your gut

One thing I have learned over the last few years is my gut is usually 100% correct
its knowing that your being told a lie, but being "convinced" that your wrong that contributed to the insanity of living with and loving an addict.

All, just my opinion of course.............
Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

For me - I have learned that actions speak louder than words or EVIDENCE. . .

I find that for me to know whether a person has relapsed - I pray for my Higher Power to give me the discernment to know what I need to know when I need to know it and for the strength, courage and wisdom to do what I need to do to protect myself regardless.

It usually happens that I find out what I need to know exactly when I need to know it and usually without any action on my part - It just sort of happens.

So please take care of YOU,
HUGS (hope, unity, gratitude and serenity)
Rita