WTH?! I don't know what to do

Old 11-27-2009, 09:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WTH?! I don't know what to do

Oh My Goodness! I don't even know how to explain what just happened to me so please bear with me while I try to explain and connect some pieces of a puzzle at one time.

Hmmm ok so let me start with earlier today. I get the cell phone bill, I am looking through it and notice a lot of numbers under the fiances line that I don't recognize, but one number stands out, it was called every day, several times a day, one minute calls each time for the last month, even through the night. I make mental note swear a little but I'm busy so I go about my day.

Later on I go over to my best friends house and we are talking, crying just about to start having a good girly chat session and she gets a work call, she's a juvenile probation officer, so she is talking and she says to me "hey grab something to write with and write down this number" so I grab a pen and she recites a number...THAT NUMBER FROM MY PHONE BILL! She is still talking on the phone and my heart is in my chest for some reason and I am wondering why I just wrote down that number. So she gets off the phone and tells me that she has to make some calls that one of her kids didn't make it in at curfew and his parents looked up the number his cell phone keeps calling from and they think it is the number of a known crack dealer. She says his name is W but he goes by T on the street.

I have heard the name W before from my fiance but never knew who it was. So here I am knowing that number is on my phone bill from the fiances phone and knowing who it's connected to. I am about to throw up. She had to handle business so I just said I was going home so I came home and looked online at all my past billing and the first day it was called was 9-28 and just about every day that I had journaled about the fiances depression or late hours or what have you, that number was called at least 10 times on those days. This is the crack dealer he bought from?! The one that took all my stuff when he didn't have money to pay him?! and I know. I am shaking and I don't know if it's because I am furious, scared or what, I know my head is spinning and I feel like I am going to throw up because I can't even say anything to my best friend. There is nothing I can do.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry you had to go through this. i understand how you feel, i've done a lot of investigating while trying to live with my ah. it caused a lot of pain, whether i found something or not. for me it was really crazy making.

now that you know what you know, maybe its time to decide if this is the life you want for yourself. nothing you can say or do will make him want to stop, he'll have to want to on his own and for himself and until he wants it, his addiction will progressively get so much worse. sorry about you not being able to talk to your friend but we are here for you. have you gone to any alanon/naranon meetings yet?
Old 11-27-2009, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

brokenNheart....
There are some things you can do, if and when you are ready.
You can say "goodbye."
It's a choice.

You *can* tell your best friend, the probation officer.
You have every good reason to. And proof to back it up.

Or you can continue to have your things taken from you when your "fiance" doesn't have enough money to pay for his crack.
Yea.
Is that what you want?
For how long?

You can also choose to get to an alanon/naranon meeting.
And learn to start taking care of YOU.
Cuz, his isn't doing that.
So, you'd better start.

I'm not trying to be hard on you. I've been where you are with an alcoholic and a gambler. And my son is a heroin addict. Guess you could call me a tripple winner. But, the bottom line is the same.
Take care of you.
It's your responsibility.

And we're here to help.
Because we've been where you are.

Shalom!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teke View Post
have you gone to any alanon.naranon meetings yet?
No I was a little (actually a LOT) confused by the list I got in the mail the other day and with the holiday I haven't talked to anyone cause all the numbers say if it's an emergency please call blah blah blah. I'm not having an emergency so I'll just wait till I can talk to someone on monday.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I hope you no longer have your ex on your phone plan.

Take a bubble bath....pleasant music....try to relax.
You need to be gentle with yourself
Old 11-27-2009, 10:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
brokenNheart....
There are some things you can do, if and when you are ready.
You can say "goodbye."
It's a choice.
I had him removed from my home on Nov 4th and had him arrested for larceny, I have talked to him on the phone twice since then so I'm doing pretty well there.

You *can* tell your best friend, the probation officer.
You have every good reason to. And proof to back it up.
This brings up a confidentiallity issue being that she is juvenile probation and could cost us both our careers

Or you can continue to have your things taken from you when your "fiance" doesn't have enough money to pay for his crack.
Yea.
Is that what you want?
For how long?
Again non issue, he has been removed and won't be coming back, not unless and until he's had years clean. It may have taken me a month to realize he was using but there was no hesitation to get him out of my home and away from me.

And we're here to help.
Because we've been where you are.

Shalom!
Thanks, I appriciate it, but getting him out, having it happen again, are not the issues.

one of the things that was taken was a video camera with tapes of my children when they were little, I'd do almost anything to get those back.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post

I hope you no longer have your ex on your phone plan.

Take a bubble bath....pleasant music....try to relax.
You need to be gentle with yourself
No, he is not, I turned the phone off on November 1st, I just recieved the bill from that billing cycle though.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well ...good for you!

Prayers for your peace of mind to return
Not all loves are forever or healthy
Old 11-27-2009, 10:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The only thing that I can offer is to use this information as proof that you did the right thing for yourself. That the evidence is right in front of your face and will always be a reminder that he is a drug addict. He has a problem. He stole from you.

You did the right thing. You did the right thing. You did the right thing.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When the truth about what my ex was doing became undeniable to me, it wasn't that I didn't know what to do, it was that I didn't know how to do it. I needed to completely and totally detach. That just took time, acceptance and skills.

Now, although not everyday is perfect. It's nothing like it was. I do not allow the past or his actions to ruin my serenity anymore.

I still get reminders of what a complete and total P-O-S he is. I mean, everyday, I look into the face of his little boy. It doesn't effect me like it used to though. Like I said, I have made a conscious choice not to let him disturb my serenity.

I tell myself he is sick. And then I hand him over to his Higher Power. There is nothing I can do or could have done for him.

It is finished.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How incredibly fortunate that all that has happened, has already happened, and not post June 2010. I think they call this dodging a bullet.