Thanksgiving Early

Old 11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanksgiving Early

Hey everyone...I've been catching up on a lot of the posts from the past few days and in particular the 'Why do we stay' and 'Why did we leave' posts seem heavy (or maybe it's just the crappy weather here making me think they're heavier than they are).

At any rate it got me thinking....with Thanksgiving 2 days away, Christmas (et.al.), and the New Year right around the corner I just want to say this..I wish us all the courage and strength we need in 2010 to get through whatever issues we have going on. To overcome the obstacles and be blessed with a smoother road to freedom and happiness.

Even though 2009 hasn't been my best year....I'm still thankful for my beautiful daughter who makes every day a blessing, my friends and family who have shown me more support than I think I deserve, and all of you at SR.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...may we all be able to enjoy this holiday with little drama and MUCH love! Gobble gobble!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post.

And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone
Old 11-24-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post! Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm going to choose to spend it alone, although I have several invitations. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Happy Thanksgiving to my SR family!

Thanks for the post rdy4change, I hope you have a terrific 2010!

I will be spending Thanksgiving alone too. I plan to see how many non-traditional foods I can eat (popcorn, yogurt, chilli - not at once ), do some reading and relax.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I'm opting out of Thanksgiving with the family this year, even though it won't be drama filled - I just don't feel like it. Last Thanksgiving I had just left my AH, the previous one he spent in rehab.

I just want to relax on that day, and give thanks that I'm no longer living with that insanity.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
I just want to relax on that day, and give thanks that I'm no longer living with that insanity.
Amen! This is the first Thanksgiving in 15 years that I will spend without the drama and insanity. It always started the night before with a lot of drinks with the cooking prep and continued on through Thanksgiving night until she passed out.

This year I am actually excited for turkey day. Just my daughters and myself all day to ourselves just eating, watching movies and spending quality time together.