I'm not surprised...but I had hoped for better...

Old 11-21-2009, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm not surprised...but I had hoped for better...

After 2 months of what I thought were sober months for my husband, I find him drinking again this morning. He lied to me, and I think he still has been lying for the past 2 months. My goal now is to just get the money together to go back to my lawyer and be really done. I am stronger now than I was before, and I see that he really isn't going to change. I don't want to waste anymore precious time waiting for him to get better.

Please just give me the fortitude to get through the next couple of weeks with holidays and such as I gather my funds for this next step in my life!
Old 11-21-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck Hanah, I am sort of where you are. I have been slowly moving towards making things final. I need money and support and I don't want to have to move out of my house but I doubt my AH will leave if we separate, and that's a requirement.

I find it VERY depressing to have the holidays around the corner, and divorce on the horizon. I never expected to be alone again over christmas, but thank God for family and friends.

I was driving to the store today and I noticed all these couples out doing their errands and christmas shopping and thanksgiving prep together, and I got this warm feeling of togetherness, mutual support, respect and love. Then I thought about doing these things with my H and all I felt was emptiness, irritation, disappointement, bargaining, drinking, and sadness... It kind of helped push me in the right direction, like.. you'll probably never have that with your AH, time to move on if you want more from life. And I do! I want Joy!

So keep that in mind as you move forwards, and best of luck.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! You are exactly where I am! It sounds like you have family support as well.

I don't want to leave my house, so I co-exist trying to make it work right now. Good luck.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My ah told me today because he drank more than he should and he's going to keep drinking like this because he likes it.

I believe him.

Feeling stronger - changes are coming.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I look back and can see at least what I learned....boundaries.....how to break patterns....a holiday is just a day...I will be grateful I am living in the solution instead of the problem,out of the chaos,crazies,ick,and lies and not worrying about what is going to happen next. New happy holiday memories.....!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Hanahgoodness,

I understand.......... and it is okay.

Your are probably right about the last 2 months.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

4U