Notices

All to save one person...incredible!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All to save one person...incredible!

It's hard to type with tears in your eyes, the screen keeps getting blurry, lol.

When I really think about it, this group is just a blessing to this old drunk and makes me wonder who am I.

Do I deserve any of the the support, guidance and friendship that I've found here, probably not, but it's that very support that makes me feel that I may be worth saving after all. Why do you care so much? It just boggles my mind.

Thank you!

(Thank God for spell checker, lol.)
Old 11-18-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Firestorm,

We understand, we get it.

It's hard and we all know that.

I hate this disease and what it does to people. You deserve a good life, we all do!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ah, but you forget the tears in my own eyes, my friend.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Heathen

ditto to what Anna said.. ditto to what keith said..
Old 11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

We've been there, D.
That's what this whole peer support thing is all about.

Everybody deserves a better life than the one we have drinking and using.
Glad you're back

D
Old 11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

FS, this place is like a lifeline to so many of us. I really feel like everyone has everyone's back here. WE get it and what you are going through. I have supportive family and friends but they just can't understand how it really feels to be an alcoholic and how it is such a daily struggle sometimes. The people on here do understand. We may all have different opinions and approaches but we have that common link. Addiction.

Hope you start to feel better as you withdraw. It sucks, no two ways about it. Take care.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was thinking before as I was reading your threads how important your presence here is to me... We need you as much as you need us.

Also, what Keith said

Mark
Old 11-18-2009, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I attended AA a couple of years ago, one guy said he was whistling on his way to the meeting, because us drunks were such a great bunch of people. I didn't get it then, but I do now. Almost two month ago I needed help not driving to the liquor store from work and put an end to that vicious circle. I found SR and from out of nowhere these wonderful strangers were routing for me and being more supportive than the people in my life.
We are a great bunch of people, aren't we? All of us Alcoholics/Addicts, we understand each other. That's why you deserve such love. You are one of us - no matter what stage you are at - YOU are one of US. :ghug3
Old 11-18-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
It's hard to type with tears in your eyes, the screen keeps getting blurry, lol.

When I really think about it, this group is just a blessing to this old drunk and makes me wonder who am I.

Do I deserve any of the the support, guidance and friendship that I've found here, probably not, but it's that very support that makes me feel that I may be worth saving after all. Why do you care so much? It just boggles my mind.
Maybe I've got it all wrong, but I always thought it was about carrying the message. One alcoholic sharing with another, and so on, and so on...... Whenever anyone, anywhere reaches out for help, I want the hand of AA always to be there. And for that I am responsible. Something like that.

If it wasn't for newcomers and people who struggle, I wouldn't have anyone to share much with. And yeah, I get pretty teary-eyed at least once or twice a day. Alcoholism and addictions aren't pretty, it's not always a pink-cloud day, we share in our successes as well as our falls.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post

Thank you!

(Thank God for spell checker, lol.)
That's the thing. YOU ARE WORTH IT. We've all been there, all of us. At some point or another. Scared. Alone. Feeling unworthy. The wrongs we've done. The emptiness. That void. It's there. It takes a while to fill it and find what we're looking for. Really hard because we don't always know what we're looking for, but it's worth it.
I care because each human being deserves a chance at living a full life, in my opinion. Us addicts even more so because we have a lot to offer the world. Most of us are creative, expressive, and talented individuals who happen to get mixed up in the wrong thing. Look at all the famous people who were/are addicts and/or had mental illnesses. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and sometimes we cross that line, but we can get back over and make something of ourselves and each of us are worth it. Addicts have such a different perspective of the world. We're awesome people. We did a lot of wrong things, but we're still awesome.
Keep coming back FS. We want you to live. We'll love you until you can learn to love yourself, and then we'll still love you! :ghug3
Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

we have all felt that complete defeat and desperation Dallas.we have all walked this path,its up to you now my friend,you are stood on a path and there is a fork in it,which way you gona choose? we are with you,you are not alone.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am glad you are okay.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I won't stay sober without you as well.

Thank YOU...for keeping me sober!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

I'm with Barb on this one!
thank you
Old 11-19-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

It is nice to be able to share with those who truly understand. I am glad you are here, I am glad everyone is here!!

Cathy
Old 11-19-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ago

There is a catch

You have to pull up the person behind you, you think you have gratitude now?

Wait till you do that, that's when it gets really pow'ful