Here We Go Again!

Old 09-16-2003, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here We Go Again!

Well, here we go again! My husband has started drinking after more then a year of sobriety--again. He thinks I can't smell it when he comes home. He is also back to the extreme moodiness that accompanies his drinking. Oh boy, have I been here before! He is slowly slipping back into the old patterns of drinking and denying there is a problem. But this time there is a difference! Thanks to this forum (I read a lot more then I post), professional counseling, and to al-anon, I am no longer slipping back into MY old pattern when he drinks (he refuses to go to AA or counseling of ANY kind). I realized last night as he threw a huge fit because the kids were being "to noisy" (they are 2 and 5 year old boys, naturally they are noisy) that I don't have to go along with this madness. I took the boys outside and we played and had fun and left grumpy in the house to pout. I realize now that I have choices! Gee, what a concept! Might seem simple to anyone else, but it wasn't to me. I've decided to get off the Merry-go-round! For the first time in my life (at the age of 40) I feel like an adult! I have control over my own life, and my own reactions, and I can make my own choices. I have a confidence in myself that I had never had before! I'm not perfect by any means, and I still have a lot of changing to do, but I have made a good start! Thanks to all who post here!
Old 09-16-2003, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:thumb Blonde,

GOOD FOR YOU!!! This place has been a God Send for me also.

I can't let my A dictate my life through his reckless bindge drinking... I haven't achieved complete control of my emotions, but I'm working on it.

Take Care,
Cindy
Old 09-16-2003, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks to this forum (I read a lot more then I post), professional counseling, and to al-anon, I am no longer slipping back into MY old pattern when he drinks
Blondie

That's the beauty of our program, it is all about US. And we know it is working when we can be okay, regardless of how they are.

I'm sorry that he has relapsed and pray that he will find his way back soon, but I am happy for you and your children that you have a program to keep you safe and happy.

Hugs
Ann