Isabel...are you all ready??

Old 09-16-2003, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Isabel...are you all ready??

For all of you in the southeast...are you ready???

Stay safe!!!!
JT
Old 09-16-2003, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

JT,
I live in Eastern NC (Kinston) and we're getting ready. Went out yesterday and bought batteries and water. When I went shopping last week I bought tons of canned goods. I'm trying to get all of the laundry done today incase we are without power for long. This really STINKS! We will be going to a friends house to weather out this storm. Y'all say someprayer for us. The last hurricane (Floyd)we had left us homeless and living in a motel until we could get a new house out of the flood zone and I was 6 months pregnant. I was two weeks from my due date when we finally got into our house.That was 4 years ago and nobody expected it then so its hard for me to relax and just chill out now.
I wish I could wish her away!

Take care.
2many
Old 09-16-2003, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Blessings to all of you who live

in the path of the storm. They say we are in it's path where I live, but we are 150 miles inland, so I think all we will get is wind and rain. It looks like the coastal regions could get slammed pretty hard. I hope that everyone stays safe.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 09-16-2003, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am as ready as I am going to be. We are a bit inland so I think we will just get winds and rain. But it is hard to tell, hurricane Fran really hit this area and there was a lot of damage etc. That was before we moved here. Batten the hatches.........
Old 09-16-2003, 05:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just a thought

but wouldn't you think that Codies would be oblivious to random, destructive storms? We deal with them on a consistant basis.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 09-16-2003, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL AND SPECIAL PRAYERS TO ALL WHO ARE IN THE PATH OF ISABLLE.

Prayers and lots of love coming your way...Keep me posted as to how you all are doing, Please....I know all this sounds pretty weak 'cause I live in the N.W. and have never had to deal with Floyd, Fran, or Isablle but I still care...

Be safe...
Old 09-17-2003, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Something I have started doing when it looks like the power may go out is fill the bathtub...we are on a well and if we lose power we lose water too. Just a thought. But watch those small children!

If you can't get here for a day or so be sure to check in when you can and let us know how you are!

Hugs and prayers,
JT
Old 09-18-2003, 06:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

How is everyone???
Old 09-18-2003, 11:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers are heading your way.....our Wednesday night Bible study began last night.....let us know how y'all are!!

Blessings,
Constant
Old 09-18-2003, 12:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi all, we are find here in Raleigh, NC. We have a lot of heavy rain and strong wind. There is one tree that I know of down in our neighborhood, but it didn't hit the house. We still have phones and power. Hope all others are ok.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's getting kind of wild around here

The wind is blowing and the trees are bending in ways that I have never seen before. Our lights have flickered a few times. I think it's inevitable that we will lose power. There are 800,000 people to the south of us who have already lost it.
Stay safe everyone!
Peace,
Gabe
Old 09-18-2003, 02:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

not too bad up here

I work in Delaware and the governor declared a state of emergency so it was a day off. They had 8 inches of rain on Monday and lots of flooding, so they can barely handle more rain this soon. I live north of there, in Pennsylvania, and we are just getting some wind and rain now. From what I see on TV the North Carolina coast got hit pretty hard. I don't think we'll get much up here, but I have put everything away that was on my patio just in case.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thoughts and Prayers to ALL!!!!!!!!

I have some friends in the Carolinas. Both north and south. They are more inland so are safe. Lots of rain though. Take special care everyone.

We can survive the storm, (no matter what kind)
matters
Old 09-20-2003, 09:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

We MADE IT!!! We lost power and phone service.We had some trees down around the house. All of our food spoiled in the fridge but we have loads of canned food and water. This was a horrible storm. We stayed at a friends house and the people across the street had a house fire from a generator and it took 4 Fire Dept.'s to get it out. They would get it under control and the wind would pick up and feed the fire again. The house was GONE! I felt so bad for them. Everyone got out of the house okay. Thank God! We have alot to clean up in the yard and we have some minor repairs to do. I have family in Carteret County and haven't heard about them.

Holly
Old 09-21-2003, 05:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

2many

So glad that you made it through, but I am sorry to hear about your neighbors. ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) and prayers to all!

Constant