Notices

Jewel of the seas

Old 11-15-2009, 10:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jewel of the seas

It was a beatiful weekend and my and wife and I had boarded a cruiseship of Royal Caribbean (Jewel of the seas). It took her over 6 months of convincing to finally get me to agree to have this wonderful vacation together. Why did she had to do so much convincing? After all, isn't that why I work so hard? So I could have my well deserved vacation? So I could have the honeymoon I couldn't afford when we married? Well, the answer is simple. I hated traveling because my addiction required to me come up with creative ways to sneak drugs and cruiseships where an uncharted territory for me. X-ray machines, customs, tiny staterooms, smoke detectors, cameras, etc. All I could think of was me getting caught in the act by government agents, cruise staff, or worse, by my wife.

After weeks of planning and researching the issues of smuggling and consuming on board, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the tickets. I got a stateroom with a balcony as suggested by someone who had posted in a drug forum. Armed with a map of the ship, I orchestrated how my drug routine was going to play out. It was a masterplan! Drugs safely raped around tens of layers of latex. Paraphenalia disguised as common items found in any vacationer's luggage. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, it was all planed out.

The first day everything went according to plan. I didn't get caught smuggling them into the ship. Not even after being subject to a "random" search by cruise staff at the port. I was getting hi and I was loving it! My wife was happy and ignorant of what was going on.

Second day went also according to plan. I was getting of on ports with my daily dose and consuming it at land without raising any suspicion from the locals or my wife.

On the third day, something went totally not according to plans. My wife suspected something was going on and I was confronted by her. The unfamiliar territory and insane hi made me crumble. In an act of desperation I confessed my sins to her. As of today, I don't know exactly what happened but I can guess it was my tiredness of years and years of lies and hidding in the shadows. She said that she was not intending to spend the rest of her life next to addict and that unless I got help i could start forgetting about her. The feeling was mutual. I told her I was ready to admit to others my addiction and was ready to get the treatment I need it.

I picked up my blackberry and started doing research. This is how I found this site! I started reading about people with my problem and how this site had helped them control their disease. I was static to say the least. Since that day, this site, along with my treatment at a hospital, has played a major role in my recovery. I will be forever thankful to all those who extended their support. I may not know their names or what they look like but that doesn't stop me from loving them with all my heart. Thank you all for your support!!!!