Notices

Not my place

Old 11-13-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not my place

Strange place this soberrecovery. I loved it until I was blocked twice for not agreeing with what was being said in the chatroom. Stealing drugs and boasting about drinking while chatting are not what I am interested in. I want to get better. I want to quit, not find out ways to cheat.

I am not sure what to do. So many are helpful and yet some are very powerful and very dangerous, just like real-life!

For now,

SB
Old 11-13-2009, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WOW! This is still here, I thought everything written by me was stricken away.

SB
Old 11-13-2009, 10:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi snow -
I posted on your page my answer to the first post you made.

I imagine it *is* like real life, and we do have to be careful.

I hope you'll stick it out -
Old 11-13-2009, 10:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel that way snowbunnie.

I'm also sorry that the explanation I PMed was obviously not acceptable to you.

A lot of people here find the chatrooms invaluable.

We try our very best to keep them useful and safe, but the admin here are volunteers - we rely on our members to let us know if there's a problem.

The best, and most immediate way, to do that is to PM a moderator or chat monitor.

I personally believe the boards should be left for helping the newcomer and those in need of help, not dealing with individual member complaints.

D
Old 11-13-2009, 10:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Over-reaction and under-reaction are my norm...

I am not sure what to do here. I hate being censored, I did nothing but tell the truth.

I have been on the very angry November bus and am ready to get off.

This has all been too much for me right now. I came really wanting to sober-up and live. Their are so many with a differnet agenda and so many restrictions. I got **** for saying puss, as in he grren nasty stuff that comes out of a sore.

I get two entire threads removed because the chatrooms are so positive for so many, yet when I log on the folks are talking about stealing Ritolin from their younger brothers, counting the number of beers consumed tonight and I have the balls to stand up against that and say 'no'.

Sorry, rambling.

Goodbye,

SB
Old 11-14-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm pretty new at this too, and see slight signs of things that I don't agree with or I find sanctimonious or plain "off" to what I think recovery and a support group are about. However, that is maybe less than 2% of all the posts I read. The chat rooms mystify me - maybe I'm just too old and don't get the lingo. But I have even still been grateful to jump in and out so I know I'm not alone. Recovery (day 29 here) is a huge mystery still. Its frightening & I have moments where I think its not for me - that I don't fit the "recovery" model. Which means I'm probably the ideal person to be seeking recovery! I think its great that you spoke up, sorry that you got bleeped, and that I hope you stick around and ignore the very few disconcerting moments for the greater sense of help here.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Snowbunnie View Post

... So many are helpful and yet some are very powerful and very dangerous, just like real-life!
I myself feel they are a little too fastidious about enforcing the rules here but the rules are clearly posted and I must admit I have not been censored for no reason. I have seen just how bad it can get when there is no one monitoring the posts. At some sights flaming wars turn into "Denial of Service" attacks.