Question?

Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question?

Detached fron AS a little over 3 weeks ago. Finally woke up and realized he has to do this on his own. The truth is I don't feel the chaos, worried that he is stealing from my purse or going to show up drunk at our home. He has called once needed money for a winter coat. I told him to go to the church they would provide him with one. He didnt like that answer ( sure the money was for something else) I pray for his recovery,however I know it is his journey. I feel a sadness, a sadness that he may never recover. I know I'm supposed to have faith and hope and not consume my thoughts with him constantly. It's just one of those days. No one truly understands until they love an addict. His DOC is crack and alcohol. Just before goingin to detox last time he told me he had been smoking heroine? I have never heard of anyone doing that. He has a way of telling me things but of course only half the truth. He probably is injecting it.Out of curiousity can heroine be smoked?
Old 11-13-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yes it can, Katie. Stay strong, he'll do what he does until he stops, and keeping yourself out of the chaos is the best thing.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 11-13-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry i don't know about heroin. my doc was crack but either way, addiction is addiction. i know its hard, but try to keep the focus on you. keep praying and turning him over to the care of his hp. He knows how to take care of him and get him to the place he needs to be.

I'M praying for your strength and guidance and protection for your son.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Katie,
congratulations on being so strong. I know it wasn't easy to detach but I understand the chaos you've been living in and it will break you emotionally and financially. You are doing the right thing. I am going through a similar situation with my AS. We love them so much and tried so hard to do everything right. It is normal to feel sad, please do try to take care of yourself.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you can absolutely smoke it.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Having gone through the detachment with my addict, I know how hard these first weeks are. Congrats on holding on. Know you are in my thoughts.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by whatajoy View Post
you can absolutely smoke it.
yep, and you can snort it too ...