update from jeepgirl

Old 11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update from jeepgirl

Hi old friends,
was feeling sentimental tonight, and thought I'd say hello. My family is doing very well these days. My daughter continues in her recovery, and is celebrating 18 months this week. These were very well fought for months, after many many attempts, from her first rehab at age 17 to her now being almost 24. Even with many falls, each time she got up, she got stronger. Now I hear her on the phone being a mentor to other young girls. I am such a proud mom.

I must say, my attitude about the world has turned upside down and back again. Its very difficult to be judgemental after having had this experience. I remember hearing people in naranon who were grateful for the experience, because of their personal growth. I never thought I would get there, but am growing every day. I am so grateful to have had this site here for me when I was desperate.
jeepgirl
Old 11-12-2009, 01:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Jeepgirl)))

I am so thrilled for you and for her, that your daughter has grabbed the lifering of recovery. Just goes to show that there is always hope, no matter how much they struggle to get there.

And yes, the gifts of our own recovery go far beyond dealing with the addiction of a loved one. I know that all areas of my life are better for having taken this journey.

Hope you will stick around and share your story with the newcomers. It's great when things get better, but so often the newcomers don't know that we too have been where they are and that things can and do get better, when we learn healthier ways to live.

Big Hugs
Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((((((jeepgirl))))))))))))

I was thinking about you just yesterday. Glad to hear your daughter is doing so well. You sound good too. God Bless!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations to both of you Jeepgirl. Megan will celebrate 18 months free from heroin on November 27th. Tell your daughter good job for me. I know how hard it can be. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jeepgirl, Congrat's to both you & your daughter!

Hugs,
Chris
Old 11-12-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you stopped in Jeep and thrilled to hear that you and your daughter are doing so well. I understand what you men about the change in perspectivie and the way we live life. I'll bet your daughter too has wisdom and insight well beyond her young years. I've always felt that addicts in recovery are some of the strongest people I know.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wonderful news....give us all hope that our own addicts will find their way to recovery. Congrats to you and your daughter!!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How nice to hear back from all of you. Glad to be here again.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hi JEEP!!!

I missed this the first time around! So good to to see you and hear from you!

<3