how can u pass it?

Old 11-10-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question how can u pass it?

My AB has been clean for the past 2 month. But there are some days when I don't like his pupils, there are small but at the end of the evening they look fine again, So I take him and we drive to the store to get a drug test and he passes it.
Is he clean? or is he doing drugs again? If he is doing drugs then how can he pass the test?
His drug of choice was heroin.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Drug tests, when not given by a professional, can be faked quite easily. I've never seen the point of testing at home, they may not be accurate and the don't solve the problem for either party. And they are demeaning.

Angel, is this relationship working for you? Clean or not, is there anything he is bringing to the relationship? You don't have to tell me, but they are questions worth considering.

Hugs
Old 11-10-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not sure if a person could maintain a high on vicodin after getting used to heroin but I have been told that on certain drug tests it will not show positive for hydrocodone. I have also heard that some addicts are abusing suboxone. Not sure how true that is and I do not know if that would show on a drug test.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There are many ways to pass a drug test. People inject "clean" urine in their bladders with a hypo so they can test clean. They even have very realistic fake penises that hold a clean urine sample in a reservoir, so you could watch him pee and he'd still pass. Only a professional that is used to dealing with drug addicts daily can stop cheating - and even then not all the time.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not to be so blunt but unless you hold the penis yourself then he can dilute the sample, put water on the test, use someone else's urine that he carried around with him in a balloon all day to stay warm and the possibilities are endless.

We test on my job constantly and are still baffled by how addicts alter the test or at least try. We have had to get personal on some and stand there watching their personal business.

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. LOL.

I agree with Ann, what's coming out of this relationship if you have to drive around to pharmacies and test your BF?? Is this worth the headache??

Glad to see you back on SR! Missed ya.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I realized the problem for me wasn't so much whether there was use or not; it was how crazy it was making me. It's certainly easy enough to know when someone has the nods, but when it was more subtle -0 like the pupil change you mention, I found myself constantly on edge; constantly looking; obsessing about it, etc. and not getting any enjoyment out of anything in my life. I missed many enjoyable moments because I was stuck in what if's. That's why I had to work on me and leave the rest to seeing how actions spoke.

Hope you are doing okay...Glad to see you.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Another way is to sit down (TMI ahead) like he was peeing and subtly dip the cup in toilet h20 to mix with his actual urine. It dilutes it enough so that a typical d/s test won't pick it up. I agree with the others, watch his actions, his pupils etc.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If the pupils are the only thing wrong in your relationship then things can't be that bad. Did you go on your honeymoon?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hello-kitty View Post
If the pupils are the only thing wrong in your relationship then things can't be that bad. Did you go on your honeymoon?
Hello Kitty,

Yes we did, everything was perfect! We had a blast.
I do get random drug testing from him and he doesn't mind them at all.
I guess I kind of moved back in with him, all of my stuff is still at my parents, but like work clothes are at his house. It is way easier for me that way and so much closer to work.

The only thing is we having right now , are his eyes. I don't know, he said that he was taking some cold medicine?! Can your pupils look smalled because of that?
Old 11-11-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your answers.

I really don't think that he fakes his drug tests. If I do ask for one, I make sure that its random and thats he would pee outside or somewhere where there is no access to water or any other fluids. I'm pretty sure that he is not mixing his pee with anything.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Did you go on your honeymoon?
By the way after we got back he tried taking Naltrexone again, and he said that it makes him feel weird, not the way he felt when he was on vacation. So he stopped taking it. He is clean for 2 month 100% .
We went to one of the NA meetings this Sunday, he liked it. He said that the meeting that he went to before didn't give a crap about him and that this place actually cares and the do work the steps. And also for his probation he needs to go to IOP classes for 3 month so he started that yesterday. So i guess he is behaving. The only thing I'm worried about is his pupils. There are no other signs, thank god.
Oh and while we were in Europe he got Baptized. :praying
Old 11-11-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ann,
Angel, is this relationship working for you? Clean or not, is there anything he is bringing to the relationship?
Yes it is working, but only if he's clean. He is really trying , just like all of the addicts.
After we got back, he did get 2 cars that he put for sale, he's also looking for a job, going to interview. He fixed my car, it saved me $1300 to change Brake booster.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I just want to caution you here....He is either gonna use or not gonna use. There is NOTHING you can do about it. But by you giving him a drug test and then questioning whether it is accurate, wondering if it could be this or wondering if it could be that, questioning whether he is using another substance WILL, WITHOUT A DOUBT drive you CRAZY. That is a fact. Plain and simple. I can understand wanting to stand by his side and continue in your relationship. Believe me I get that. But you really will most certainly drive yourself crazy doing this.

Accept the fact that you have no control over whether he is gonna use or not and focus all of that energy in something positive for you. Trust me when I say this. Been there done that.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

It sounds to me like your bf is serious about recovery. In your other post, it seemed that he was trying to taper too quickly off the methadone in order to go on your honeymoon and that maybe slipped him up. I thought that was so unfortunate. I hope things will work out for you.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

questioning whether he is using another substance WILL, WITHOUT A DOUBT drive you CRAZY.
I agree !! Thank you!!!
But if he is using i want to be out. thats why im checking. Not because i would want him to go to rehab and stuff. If he is using drugs again i want to know that.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like your bf is serious about recovery. In your other post, it seemed that he was trying to taper too quickly off the methadone in order to go on your honeymoon and that maybe slipped him up. I thought that was so unfortunate. I hope things will work out for you.
yes he was. And it was too quick and after the detox he relapsed. So the wedding was cancelled. But we did go on a trip "honeymoon" . It was great to get away and not worry about anything!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DreamAngel View Post
I agree !! Thank you!!!
But if he is using i want to be out. thats why im checking. Not because i would want him to go to rehab and stuff. If he is using drugs again i want to know that.
Your welcome...If he is using his actions will tell you. Red flags will start popping up in your face. You wont need a drug test to tell you. His actions will speak loud and clear if he is using again. That is FACT. Drug tests and all the crazy making that comes with it is not based on FACT. Like alot of the above posts drug tests are not fool proof. When the addict starts lying, running out on "errands" that take 3 hours, being shady about things you ask them about, and just acting erractic, THOSE ARE ACTIONS THAT SCREAM ADDICTION. Cant fake that stuff.

Basically, if he is using again YOU WILL KNOW. Its only a matter of time.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

WE will not work, YOU have NOTHING to do with HIS recovery.
I've never been to one of the NA meetings so i was kind of curious. Yeah we are trying to find a place where they have NA and Alanon meetings at the same time. But now that he has to go to the IOP classes its taking 2 hours(5-7) 3 times a week. Its going to be hard with getting a job, going to IOP and then going to NA.