What in the world is this mess?

Old 11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What in the world is this mess?

I just wanted to share this article with you all and get your thoughts. As I read it, I'm just shaking my head no, no and more no. Isn't this big time codependent?? What are your thoughts?

Woman Goes Undercover to Get Her Husband Out of Jail
Nov 9th 2009 By Emerald Catron

Police bust people thanks to undercover mother of fourFor a lot of women, watching your husband being shipped off to jail for dealing meth might be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but for one Nebraska woman, it simply meant it was time to get cracking and get the father of her children out of jail -- even if it meant going deep undercover in a drug ring spanning multiple states and linked to four murders.

The woman, who has not been named out of concern for the her and her children's safety, went to the Omaha Police Department to see if she could get the 15-year sentence her husband received for dealing meth reduced if she helped police bring down the people he had been working for.

They agreed, and began an undercover investigation that lasted seven months and resulted in the convictions of eleven people and the confiscation of 13 lbs. of methamphetamine.

In order to befriend the dealers her husband had been consorting with before being arrested, the woman -- a mother of six -- spent time with them at a garage where the dealers would outfit cars with secret compartments to hide drugs and money.

Bringing Down El Primo
The woman would do their laundry, bring them food and give them rides. Once she earned their trust she began, with police instructions, to do a few small drug deals. All of this was in the hopes of finding information that would lead to the arrest of Juan Correa-Gutierrez, or "El Primo."

Correa-Gutierrez never trusted the woman and refused to get close to her, but after seven months she learned from one of his dealers that Correa-Gutierrez would be traveling to California to pick up a meth shipment, which the disgruntled dealer would have to guard while Correa-Gutierrez was in Mexico for his daughter's Quinceañera.

With this information in hand, the Omaha police began gearing up for a series of big busts to take down part of a drug ring with players in Nebraska, Arizona, Texas, California and Iowa.

A Big Find
With search warrants for multiple locations, the police waited for the informant to receive a coded text message before beginning their searches. After two straight days of arresting small-time dealers and confiscating weapons, ammunition, drugs and cash, the minivan turned up and the police searched it.

It was empty.

They contacted the woman, who instructed them how to find the secret compartment in the van and uncovered 8 lbs. of 90-percent-pure meth. It was enough to charge Correa-Gutierrez with conspiring to deal drugs. After the prosecution showed up at trial with a surprise witness ready to testify about purchases of more than 100 lbs. of meth, El Primo and his right-hand man Nica both pleaded guilty and received hefty prison sentences, including 27 years for Correa-Gutierrez.

The woman and her children have moved out of the area for their own safety, and her husband is hoping his sentence will get reduced after the last of the ring's sentencings has gone through.

The woman stated in court that her children miss their father more than she does, which truly makes this lady one heck of a supermom.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shaking my head no,no,no too....

:codiepolice
Old 11-09-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have no idea if she's codie but she's definitely nuts. She put all their lives at risk. I hope the dad survives it, too.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This woman has to be nuts. Police are even crazier for putting this family in such a position. Sick, sick, sick!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Codie...who knows. But NUTS, definitely NUTS!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank God they didn't mention my name in the article.

I swear that could have been me or Ann a few years ago!!!! LOL

This woman is either out of her mind, or just out of her mind!!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 11-09-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

which truly makes this lady one heck of a supermom.
Jeopardizing her life and the safety of her children makes her supermom???? I would love to bring good old Emerald (the journalist) to a few Naranon meetings so she will have a clue and think a little before making such ridiculous statements.

Many cops don't care as long as they get the arrest...For her kids sake I'm glad no one was hurt.

...Still shaking head...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Momsrainbow View Post
This woman has to be nuts. Police are even crazier for putting this family in such a position. Sick, sick, sick!!!!!!
I forgot where, but I recently watched a special on TV where the police put a young woman undercover to 'get her MJ sentenced' reduced. She had no training just like this woman, the police put a wire on her and "Promised" to protect her, etc. etc. The dealers soon found out and the police lost track or something like that of them on the way, two of the men took her to the forest and shot her. She was quite young. All of this over a sentence for smoking weed. I'm not saying that is nothing, but to me it sure wasn't worth being shot to death in the woods over, or doing a job that the police should be doing.
To make it worse the police knew they messed up and tried to cover up their tracks and blame it on "HER", until the couldn't anymore...........

Made me furious to watch this program........

I know they do this kind of thing on Craigs List all the time, at least in LA they do.

I'm telling you their is nothing in this world that could make me go back to that drug world it scares the hell out of me, like it once used to.
I am not sure what the he kk..... unscared me for a bit......
Old 11-10-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Its crazy and wrong, and very very dangerous.
I can't say I haven't daydreamed in the past of doing something bizarre such as this, but even if I was stupid enough to put my own life as risk, I would never risk the welfare of my children.
Supermom? Please, more life Stupidmom.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Originally Posted by Done_With_It View Post
I forgot where, but I recently watched a special on TV where the police put a young woman undercover to 'get her MJ sentenced' reduced. She had no training just like this woman, the police put a wire on her and "Promised" to protect her, etc. etc. The dealers soon found out and the police lost track or something like that of them on the way, two of the men took her to the forest and shot her. She was quite young. All of this over a sentence for smoking weed. I'm not saying that is nothing, but to me it sure wasn't worth being shot to death in the woods over, or doing a job that the police should be doing.
To make it worse the police knew they messed up and tried to cover up their tracks and blame it on "HER", until the couldn't anymore...........

Made me furious to watch this program........

I know they do this kind of thing on Craigs List all the time, at least in LA they do.

I'm telling you their is nothing in this world that could make me go back to that drug world it scares the hell out of me, like it once used to.
I am not sure what the he kk..... unscared me for a bit......
I actually knew the girl your speaking of. Rachel Hoffman. I went to highschool with her in tampa florida. Was a horrible tragedy what happened to her.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I heard about that case where the police used a young girl as an informant, and ultimately she was killed. That was horrible.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 11-10-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for their feedback... I thought I was the only way thinking this was the dumbest move of all. Putting your children at risk to have a dude's sentence reduced?? Not her own, which would still be stupid, but her husband's sentence for some dumb stuff she knows he was definitely involved in.

I agree... this journalist needs to attend some NA meetings before writing an article like this again. This makes the progress we do every day to heal from mess like this seem glorified in some way.

I'm still scratching my head on how this makes the news.