All About US Day!!

Old 11-05-2009, 02:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cool All About US Day!!

I read this, this morning and it occurred to me that it's been a long time since we had an "All About US Day"...so I hereby declare that today is the day when we get to do at least one thing that is ALL ABOUT US!!

Just for today I am going to take time to work out at a gym we have here at the condo, not a workout that will leave me sore and exhausted, just some good exercise that will help keep me healthy and get back into better shape. And I will treat myself to a nice long swim in the pool afterwards, and a coffee with a group of ladies that gathers at the rec centre each morning.

And I shall "restore my hair to its natural colour", something that always picks me up and makes me feel better...and perhaps paint my fingers and toes to go with the "new do".

That's a lot for one day, but it's a good start to keeping my day postitive and ALL ABOUT ME.

Let's hear it gang, what will YOU do today to keep it ALL ABOUT YOU?

Momentum of effort

When are you most likely to make the effort to get things done? It's when you're already taking action.

If you get the day started by doing a lot of nothing, the whole day is likely to go that way. Yet when you begin the day with a positive action, even if it's just a little one, you set the powerful momentum of effort in motion.

Once you're moving and working and creating and achieving, you'll tend to keep it up. That's why it is so important to get started early in the day.

What happens when you've just experienced how good it feels to get something done? You become eager to do more, so you can create that great feeling again.

There is some little something you can do right now that will give you a taste of accomplishment. Do it, feel the good feeling, and notice how motivated you become to do even more.

There's always a quick way to create the momentum of effort in your life. Get yourself going with positive action, and put that momentum of effort and achievement to work for you.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 11-05-2009, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just got home a short while ago from an AC/DC concert....or is it a show?
I am still laughing. I won't need to see them again, but glad I did it once.
Why do I look old and fat in those photos of me? Huh? I am still a big kid!
Restore my natural hair color, that sounds like a very good idea! Tape my mouth shut when there is junk food calling me? Dance more? See if I can reach my toenails to put polish on them?
I am laughing today. That is always a great way to start and end a day, in my book!!!

Thank you, Ann!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

at first I thought .... I'll have to do that tomorrow or this weekend because I have to work all day and have a meeting after that. Then.... I started thinking about the challenge of how to do that through the day anyway...

I'm going to stretch between patients and do some deep breathing. I'm going to eat downstairs in the cafe where there are flowers on the table. I'm going to do a lot of things with intention and turn this day into about me!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Live is laughing and Lightseeker is dining with flowers...now that's what I call taking good care of US!!

Funny, for me sometimes I have to make a conscious thought and plan to actually DO something for me, but once thought out, it is so easy. Just a habit of the old days to think of everyone and everything else first...or worse, to trudge through my day without stopping to see the beauty that is all around me.

Who's next? Who else is going to stop and smell the roses...and maybe pick a bouquet because it's ALL ABOUT US DAY
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

Thank you Ann! This is beautiful! I'm going to paint my nails and catch up on school work, and take a wonderfully long nap as soon as I get out of class today.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

aw Ann, did we have to go there with the hair color issue???? I was just complaining on the phone to my mom, that I hate this highlighted mousy brown I've got going on, but can't do anything about it, because it's fried right now!!!! My hands are tied w/ the hair issue---- loss of control..... codie nightmare!!! lol.

oK..... second thought, was like lightseeker said, I read this and thought, "i have to work all day, and right now, I've gotta get up and put away the clothes on the dryer, make the beds, etc".

So... I guess my best option for today, Is to get off my laptop here, start 'getting ready' for work an hour earlier and take a nice long bubble bath. I'm going to use pretty lotions and stuff after, then go get a hot cup of coffee at the coffee house before going to work... relax before the day begins.

For today, this is the best I can do!!

Thanks for the ralph post, (about why it's important to start your day early), otherwise, I'd be lyeing here chain-smokeing, googleing nonsense, and doing chores before work!!

Love,
cess
Old 11-05-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Ann, Nice post. Something to think about. Today I am having lunch with an old friend I haven't visited with in a while. Then I'm going shopping to buy horderve ingrediants for a getogether at my house with gf's tomorrow night. My hubby is away on a golfing trip for the week and I can say,,,"this week has been all about me"...It's fun but I'm beginning to miss him. Tomorrow I get my hair done so thats another fun thing. Have a great day and stay warm....Its cold in NY.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

start 'getting ready' for work an hour earlier and take a nice long bubble bath. I'm going to use pretty lotions and stuff after, then go get a hot cup of coffee at the coffee house before going to work... relax before the day begins.

For today, this is the best I can do!!
Sounds like a good plan to me, because it's all about you. This special "something" might have been missed if you hadn't taken a moment to think about doing something good for you. And maybe, while soaking in the bubble bath, some inspiring idea may come, or thoughts of how good it feels just to be able to take a moment just for you.

Now see, we don't have to rearrange our whole day, or any part of it really. Just making special moments to dream, to pamper ourselves, and to pay attention to what makes us smile and feel better can change the entire dynamics of our day.

I love All About Us Days, for me it's a time to reflect on what helps my day to become more beautiful.

There's lots of time left, who else is going to seize the day and squeeze out something special that is All About You?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

BBD, I think we should use your avatar as our Official All About Us poster. It IS a beautiful day when we take care of ourselves and enjoy the moments.

Hugs, girl, you inspire me.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Actually, yesterday was 'me' day because I got my nails done (I do that every two weeks now). Today I am going to a practicum event in Wichita for the afternoon (electronic health record activity) and am sure I will enjoy it as I have the other two. The weather is going to be in the 70's all week...unbelievable for this time of year!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have been practicing "feeling" my emotions and letting my heart open up to the world. Its kinda of strange because I think if I really think about it my emotions and feelings have been stuffed since I was with my abusive ex husband. I have been practicing saying out loud how I feel. Sometimes I say "I feel cold" or "I feel happy". This is also really good at keeping me in the present moment.

Its really amazing how people respond to you when you start talking in feeling messages.

So anyway today I was driving and practicing my feeling messages. I had a CCR cd playing and this song came on. I had this vivid vision of something from my childhood. My mom and stepdad were living in California at the time and we went to look at a house to rent. I must have been four years old or so. The house was AMAZING. It was small and quaint. Right by the ocean. When I was there I remember feeling so safe, so happy, so warm inside. This was the best feeling in the world. It was like everything was perfect in this little old blue house.

So as I was listening to the song all of these feelings started to come flooding back to me and made me feel SPECTACULAR!!!! I felt warm, safe, and happy. I had recreated feelings that I hadnt felt in a long time.

So then I started thinking about it and really started to think of how I have lost touch with my emotional real feeling side. Like my it had died and then suddenly it came back. So with wanting to explore this even more I stopped at the library and picked up a ton of old and new CD's and went home and burned them. This was so empowering for me. I felt alive again. I felt like the sun was sunnier then it ever had been. I felt warm and just really in touch with my old self. A point that I havent been at in a long time.

This feels great. Its feels like a rebirth of sorts...
Old 11-05-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think the world is smiling more today because we took time to make it special.

Cassandra, since finding recovery I too am more aware of my feelings and even after a number of years, I still notice them more than ever.

Today I had occasion to get extremely angry at something somebody who is not even important in my life did. I sure took notice of those feelings and said to myself "Okay, smartiepants Ann, you talk the talk now walk the walk" so I paused for a few minutes, acknowledged the feelings and allowed myself to really feel the anger and resentment (I was home alone so got to do that, lol) and then gave it to God to take care of because I wasn't about to carry that baggage a minute more. And guess what? It worked

There's still time folks, to do something special just for you.

Hugs
Old 11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I am being very gentle with myself letting go of guilt taking good care working on reinventing myself Life is good and I love every single breath of it.