Notices

detoxingday2

Old 11-03-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

detoxingday2

hey guys, i really feel bad for everyone, all the latest posts have been hard.
i truly feel for eveyone, and hope everyone is being strong and will get through the hard times.

i have finally made it through my second day, and will be going though my 3rd tomorrow. i have successfully stuck with my plan, and hoping that i have minimized the withdraw. have not noticed much except for feeling tired and drained. i think tonight will be the hardest, but once i make it through, im never touching alch again. im done. love you all and thank you for the support.

im thinking of calling aa or the salvation army, maybe they can check up on me to make sure im ok. im just so close to day 3 that im going for it

-john
Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

I would recommend being in touch w/ a doctor, detox can be fatal if unmonitored medically. Neither the folks at AA or the SA are qualified to monitor detox.. I know at least for SA you have to be already detoxed to enter their program..
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

John you should call the Salvation Army and get a check up. I read some of your previous posts. You really should have some help detoxing or at the very least get a medical check up. Glad you're here and glad you haven't drank today.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

well, Ive reason to believe the Salvation Army do offer detox services...I've seen many longtime posters post about it here, and I know this is the case in my country.

D
Old 11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks guys, i tried sa and they had no idea what i was talking about in regards to help with detox, sounds like i talked to a 16 year old girl.

but its ok, dee i tried the help line number and i got to a place here in phx that does exactly what i need, i can see a doctor to make sure everything is ok. will prob go tonight.
thank you guys, wish me luck!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A medically supervised detox can make you so much more comfortable also. I went through two days of "H" before I went to hosp and the meds helped tremendously. The meds also helped reduce the likelihood of a seizure occurring.

What I didn't realize is that asking for help was the best thing I ever did. I followed up with a program of recovery and have been sober since.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am thinking of you with love and kindness...
I too am in the process of trying to become clean and sober.

Every hour is like a milestone, when I woke up this morning I was exhilerated to be able to 'tick off' 7 hours!
It's a new day and we can focus on our determination and drive to do this today. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring but I can control what I DO today.

Good luck
Old 11-03-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Heathen

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
well, Ive reason to believe the Salvation Army do offer detox services...I've seen many longtime posters post about it here, and I know this is the case in my country.

D
Sorry. Only speaking from personal experience, the rehab clinics in my state require that folks be detoxed before entering their 6 month rehab program. Looks like myexo might have encountered that as well.. and that sucks

I'm sure every program is different and may include a combination detox/rehab.

Ignore my post please!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did some digging - yes there are Salvation Army detox programmes, but not everywhere - so we both get a point smacked LOL.

Best bet for anyone is to check with your local SA

D
Old 11-03-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

myx, sounds like you have some great advice already. I think it was incredibly strong of you to make the calls you have made so far.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks everyone, and beautifulbc, keep at it, it feels so good when you dont drink right? i forgot what it was like to feel this good.

your right smacked, thats what the web site said, but its ok, i found another avenue.

thanks flutter, ive always been someone who doubts himself, but im taking this serious. ive learned alot about life, even at 25. if you want something, you have to suck it up and go make it happen. you all have given me alot of strength.

im glad that im doing this well on day 2, other than being a little scared, im totally fine. im seeing the doc tonight, and will stay with relatives tonight, i expect the worst is to come. but ill be just fine.

anyway, time for distraction! i got a bike yesterday, its a 1975 schwinn, its awesome! everything is original on it, and im about to start restoring it. im going to give it to my girl once its done.

except for all my flaws, i think im a pretty d*&# good boyfriend :P
Old 11-03-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

ps i just poured out everything i had, no going back now.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Wow, to the pouring everything out. That's determination...and strength.

Stay strong, you seem to know what you want... just give it a chance to work out. I wish you the best of luck through your detox program.

Day 2 is one of the worst days, for me at least. They get a lot better as the alcohol leaves your system.

Take care,
TB
Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Myxomatosis - you should be proud of yourself. It's very brave to start out on this journey. I would never have admitted I needed help at your age. I just didn't see it - kept trying to manage my drinking until it almost killed me later in life.

I'm so glad you are going to start a brand new life sober & clear-headed. It's inspiring to read your hopeful & positive posts.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

John....I'm really glad your seeing a doctor tonight.

Be both sober and safe....

Maybe this will clear up the SA confusion.

My son went to a free SA de tox facilty in Tulsa.
He was stoned and drunk...according to him.
He is now enrolled in the inpatient SA program
for adults. Learning computer skills for job retraining.

I've also taken wet drunks to the SA
de tox center in D.C. They were not turned away.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am glad that you are seeing a dr tonight too.

Hopefully you will get the care that you need.

I wish you well with your detox and please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

thank you bubba, but honestly, its determination, but also just a ditch to make sure i dont fail, or less likely to fail. im gonna keep posting, cause i think talking my way through this is going to help.

ive come to this at my age because i feel like i have already drunk enough for my lifetime. it was far too much. it wasnt 8 beers a night, it was 3 glasses of hard stuff. glasses, not shots. never again
Old 11-03-2009, 05:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Heathen

keep up the momentum!