Feeling Guilty... why?

Old 11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

Feeling Guilty... why?

I thought for sure I would be so very happy when I go through DAYS without thinking about the axbf. It isn't the case. I feel so guilty. I get a thought of him and say.. oh my GOSH, I nearly forgot... and then I get sad/guilt feelings as if I am being a terrible person. Like I am a lier for saying I will love him forever and then here I am forgetting him on a daily.

I was sitting in my bed last night watching a movie laughing my butt off, I mean bursting out laughing.. I was relaxed. I hadn't laughed like that in a very, very long time.. if ever. I am thinking I had never let myself laugh so hard and so genuine before ever in my life. It felt good, but.. I felt guilty.

WEIRD!!!!!!... is this at ALL normal? Do I need more help?.

I am 2 weeks of not smoking.. (I am so proud of myself!!).
Old 11-01-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on not smoking!

Sounds like the normal grieving process to me. Everyone has their own timeframe and pace. Only you can assess whether you would benefit from some type of help.

Keep up the good work and claim that happiness! You deserve to be happy - maybe you can tell yourself that when you feel guilty.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! clearly you are on the right road!.....LOOK at how far you have come?! Well done on the not smoking to!.......I think feelings of guilt are also part of the journey.....your post made me smile about laughing outloud at the movie - it sure feels good! Keep up the laughing and am sure the guilt episodes will get less and less....you are doing so well Phiz )