Notices

Update - 6 days in

Old 10-29-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update - 6 days in

Hi folks *waves*

I met with the psychiatrist today and he prescribed me zoloft for depression and something I can't pronounce to take for anxiety (something much milder than lorazepam or ativan). He also helped me set up a meeting for 1:00 tomorrow to be assessed at a local treatment clinic for either inpatient or outpatient services.

I've cleared this all with the HR department at work - up to the point that I have a meeting scheduled tomorrow and that the outcome could be either a "residential stay" or "outpatient therapy". The HR lady has been extremely noninvasive and has been very helpful.

Getting medication for my depression is a huge relief....... now the only thing weighing on my mind is the inpatient vs. outpatient care. I'm going to be completely open and honest in the interview, and hope for the best...... but I'm nonetheless sitting here on SR kinda shaking in my boots.

At noon tomorrow, one hour before the appointment, I'll be one week sober I of course credit this community with so much for this first week - thank you everyone who has welcomed me back and offered support and hugs.

I'll probably be lurking here all night, might pop up in a thread or in chat - so, maybe talk to some of you soon. Otherwise, take care all, and best wishes!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and what a positive thread!

I sure understand how scary it is for you at this point, but it sounds like you're doing everything you need to do to take care yourself.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I'm going to be completely open and honest in the interview, and hope for the best...... but I'm nonetheless sitting here on SR kinda shaking in my boots.
excellent decision ... and the shaking part goes away little by little as we begin to trust we've done the right thing. I don't think it ever goes COMPLETELY away on some things, but we do learn to trust our inner guidance after time and practice.

good for you! congratulations!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
"I think I can. I think I can"

Good luck. I am thinking of you on your journey. One week is great! I am on day 2...almost and a week seems like an eternity away.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for the update WF
You're sounding good

D
Old 10-29-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad to hear you sounding so positive and hopeful. :ghug3
Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi waterfountain!!! ((((((hugs))))))

YOUR Awesome!!!! XO Keep up the amazing job you're doing! See you soon.

Love Pancake xo
Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

:ghug2
Thank you folks! To know that there is such support here is so relieving; thank you all so much!
I have a bunch I want to type, but my meeting is in one hour and I gotta get ready to go
However, by the time this post goes through, I will have exactly one week under my belt!

I took the zoloft for the first time this morning, along with the anti-anxiety pills..... hoping for the best, and just plain happy to have woken up sober

Hopefully, I'll be able to update after the meeting this afternoon. Take care all!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Got back from the appointment....
*tears* I'll be starting inpatient treatment on Tuesday. They said it could last as little as 10 days, but as many as 21.
.... I have never felt so conflicted: so lost and so found at the same time.

I know I'm doing the right thing by going through treatment..... but I can't stop crying

I'll be here off and on for the next few days, most-likely sounding out of my head, while I try to get things in order.
25 years old and in such rough shape.... I feel so ashamed.

Back in a bit - take care folks.