Notices

talkingABOUTourPROBLEMSwithANOTHER

Old 10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

talkingABOUTourPROBLEMSwithANOTHER

Hi all-

I'm very early on in my recover (just over 5 weeks).

I just want to "shout out" to all my fellow newcomers to please make sure you're in touch and talking (not just posting) with another person in recovery. I cannot stress how important this has been in my early sobriety.

I truly believe we have a disease of the mind and you've got to speak your thoughts to another in order to bypass the self deception that plague us day-in-and-day-out.

Viva SR! Viva AA! Viva Recovery!

Kjell
Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are so right and are doing great. I was in an Inpatient rehab for 8 days and then out patient for 6 weeks. I felt safe. After that it got hard. I found this site right after that and it was a godsend. Even though it is not F2F it is 100% better than no-one. My husband was/is totally anti-AA for many including his own demons. I am at almost 15 months keep up the good work.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today is day 10. I know what you mean though. In my case, I decided to just start telling my wife exactly how I feel when it comes to alcohol. Just the other day I was having some severe anxiety and I told her straight up,

"Right now I feel like taking 3 shots. I can almost imagine the way they would feel going down and the instant relief they would bring."

^-----Makes it hard for me to go back and tell her I don't think I have a problem anymore She's a big help to me in many ways, though.