Met with granddaughter???

Old 10-27-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Met with granddaughter???

Well, at least that was the plan.

Last word from the Granddaughter when I told her I would bring all the baby's things to her on Sunday was, "you must be at the Grandfather's house by 12:30pm, as I leave to go back to the program!"

Mr. Dev and I left our house at 7:30am in order to get there, meet with my sister because God love her she had a car seat and a beautiful quilt she made, along with a huge present full of baby clothes!

Met with my sweet sister, whom I haven't seen for 7 months and would have loved to visit longer, but since I was on a time schedule we couldn't visit very long. Mind you, she drove for 1 hour to meet me!

We had just enough time to hug and have a quick lunch before Mr. Dev and I had to go in order to get to the Grandfather's house, unload all the baby things, say hello to GD, take a photo, and leave!

Got lost, drove around for 20 minutes trying to locate the house. No one was answering the phone!!! Stressing the entire time because I didn't want to miss seeing her and the 2-1/2 year old! Finally found the place. Grandfather is outside (thus the reason he didn't answer phone) waiting.

First thing I say is "Is granddaughter still here?" No, sorry, she isn't. Darn, I was so upset with myself for being late! Then he added, she didn't get a pass this weekend! WHAT? You mean to say she couldn't have called me to tell me that, so I wouldn't have had to rush through the entire day???

We unloaded all the stuff and placed it where he said. The place is horrible, no room even for furniture. Rooms full of blankets and pillows on the floor! Cluttered with junk of all sorts! How the social worker passed this home as being fit, I'll never understand!!! Makes me sad to think children are going to be there in that chaos!

Anyway, after unpacking turned around and made the 3-hour trip back home!

Monday was the day she was to graduate from the program; however, have not heard anything from her yesterday or yet today! I am not calling her either! She should have the decency to call us! Even son thought that was really rude of her not to tell us she wasn't getting a pass.

So, this is going to be very interesting!! I give her maybe 2 weeks living there before she starts calling me for help again!

I want to call her and give her a lesson in appreciation, but am just going to sit back and wait for the next "frantic call!"

Thank the Lord Mr. Dev is so sweet and understanding. Never says "I told you so!" Probably because he realizes that being a "Hunk Magnet" I could move on without a problem!! YEAH, That's it!! LOL Hope he never gets those cataracts removed!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 10-27-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope he never gets those cataracts removed!

I like to think I'm pretty darn sexy in low lighting actually! Thanks for making me smile today.

I'm so sorry you rushed through the day only to find out she was a no-show. Guess that program hasn't included a course in manners. At least you've been able to help little one and little one to be with some needed things. That's a blessing they deserve. I agree with the idea of laying low and waiting for her to come callin', which is sounds as though she will in no time.

Keep that sense of humor, and hang on to Mr. Dev. He sounds like he's somethin' special. (You don't have to tell him I said so. Wouldn't want him getting an inflated ego, right?)

Alice
Old 10-27-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((Dev)))
You and the Mr must have whiplash by now. Bless you for having the patience to see what is planned for the both of you.

Take care of yourself and that hunk of your's

(coming from another low-light, cataracts optional beauty
Old 10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh Alice, too funny! We were in the restaurant business for 35 years and it was so fun. I would hostess and then go in the bar and serve cocktails. Can't tell you how many times a guy, looking for someone to pick up, would say "man, you sure look good by candlelight!" To which I would reply, wait I even get better looking at closing time! LOL

It was so fun.

One evening I was seating a party and this old man called me over to the table. I said, Sir, can I help you? He said, "no, just want to ask you to move a little slower 'cause my eyes ain't what they use to be!" So cute!

I was a real "hunk magnet" in the bar!! Wonder why? Candlelight or patrons that had too much to drink? HMMMM? I vote on candlelight!

I actually tried walking around with a candle hanging from my neck! Only thing that happen was got to hot!

Cece, I'm so tired of waiting for those rewards!! LOL

Hugs, Dev
Old 10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

Oh Dev, Again you have me smiling at a serious situation. Too bad you didn't know what was up cause you could have just spent more time with your sis and returned home. It seems that we always are responsible and our kids just take that for granted..Drives me batty. Just sit tight and do your thing (as I know you are)))) and your daughter will get ahold of you soon. I always want to come out with wise cracks but hold my tongue..why?? I can't give you a clue. You did the right thing. The babies have what they need and your the good person here. Hugs to Mr. Dev for being such a sweety. Good men are hard to find....LOL
Old 10-27-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now Dev, here's where we differ. I prefer glaring sunlight so I can slap on the sunscreen, throw on dark shades and a big floppy sun hat, and with the sun making everyone squint, you'd swear I stepped right out of Hollywood. Oooo Laaa Laaa!

I'm sorry she wasn't there when you went to all that trouble. But the important thing is that the baby's things got there okay. Dev, have you talked to a lawyer to see how you'd like this written up if the kids end up with you? It's just good to be prepared, ya know?

Big hugs to you and my Italian hero.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ann, you always have the best ideas! Well, that's to be expected from "older" sisters right??

No more candlelight for me. From now on it's out in the "glaring" sunlight, dark glasses and big hats! Got it!

See, you ladies all think I'm joking when I say I'm a "hunk magnet" don't you? Well, how many of you have had your son's/daughter's parole officer call you up just to say hello. HUH?? The guy is crazy for me! Last time he called he said, anytime you just want to talk please call me! Thank you, Rhett, darlin'!

Hi Bonnie...yes, too bad I didn't know 'cause it would have been so fun to check out all the fun things at the street fair. Oh well, you know what they say "never expect anything this way you're never disappointed! Got that right!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 10-27-2009, 05:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, Dev, sounds like a "fun" weekend! Glad to see your humor is still intact!
Hugs, HG