Notices

Revelation

Old 10-27-2009, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Revelation

After yesterday's back and forth on the bottom of the rollercoaster of alcoholism I woke up feeling relaxed. I don't know what happened, I can't remember a dream, I just feel good. I think it was Dee's reply about doing it for myself and to start healing. I was fighting sobriety and all of a sudden I know that even if I stay sober for years on end, I would still be fighting and that's no way to live. I might as well pick up now. I even think I was trying to blame my husband and his bottle of Vodka for an impending relapse. How smart of my alcoholic mind ey? It's gone though, I've given up not in. I don't want or need to drink. Nothing bad is going to happen, quite the opposite and I guess I'm gonna have to face my problems instead of drowning them. Thanks all of you. I hope this feeling lasts and I hope this thread might help others.
I really do feel good and today I'm going to be productive at work instead of thinking and chewing things over.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Morning Saphie!! Glad you've made it through another day and are feeling great, that's awesome.

My first sponsor (still hear her in my head) would constantly tell me "No matter how bad it gets, or even good, just remember, no matter what, no matter what, don't pick up."

It does get better and easier.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saphie View Post

I was fighting sobriety and all of a sudden I know that even if I stay sober for years on end, I would still be fighting and that's no way to live.

I've given up not in.
Good post....

Mark