Notices

introducing myself to the wonderful SR

Old 10-26-2009, 12:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

introducing myself to the wonderful SR

Hey all! I've been lurking, posting, n reading for 5 days now. I'm on my 5th day sober and feeling great. I wish the days would pass quicker but at the same time I'm trying to learn from each new sober day. A little background on me is I'm 23, a libra, been pounding the bottle since 9, serious drinking since 13, n the only breaks I took was a 3 month breather at 15 and again at 17. The past 1-2 years have gotten reallyyy bad, four straight days of drinking at a time, no shower, etc, just making a sloppy ass out of my self. Also alcohol is a gateway to coke for me which I always overdo when I do it and regret terribly. I have a sponsor and we are meeting tomorrow to go over step 1. I'm really excited at all the opportunites my sobriety will afford me, yet I know how daunting of a task this journey will be, again however I am completely accepting, open, and willing to do the personal and physical work to get me there. Ill add that I live with my mom who is an active alcoholic and my father passed when I was 17 from drinking, and drink till the bitter end did he. I have 1 sister, chronic binge drinker, and 1 brother is a recovering addict. Thank you to everyone just beginning their journey and to those who are setting great examples with lengthy sobriety's!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. Lots of great support here and Northern Cal has tons of meetings (unless you live in a very small town). Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great to have you LLF You have a great attitude going in, keep it going strong... you are on the right track. Sorry to hear about your father & your other family members that are struggling.

Time to take care of you & your addictions first k? You can work on helping other family members/friends when you get yourself sober & your new healthy life on track.

Take care & keep posting/sharing

NB
Old 10-26-2009, 03:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

welcome gold!! how courageous to step up to the plate - to take care of yourself. sending bunches of support your way
day by day clears the way--just do what is immediately in front of you--good job on getting a sponsor!!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to meet you formally LLG
Welcome aboard!
D
Old 10-26-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Like. First off, I'm so glad you've got a sponsor and going to work the steps. I am such a big fan!!

Welcome to SR!! Best of luck on your journey and hope to see you around here more.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Welcome to SR, great to see new people joining every day
Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

It sounds like you have a good attitude to begin your recovery. I hope that you can change the tendency of your family to become addicts. I wish you well.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for every1s support I will definitely be checking back in!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Old 10-26-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you are planning for a healthy productive future
.....Recovery Really Rocks!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Welcome LLG - good first steps. Glad you are here.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Went to meet with my sponsor tonight. I really like her. She's got 12 yrs sober, got clean when she was young like me and looks really good/young for her age! Another perk lol! Day 6 wrapping up. I've been going about my business as needed (school/work/meetings/grocery shopping) but checking out as in sleeping/napping other times. I feel really tired and all this sleep is feeling great, plus I'm having dreams and not nightmares fortunately. Stay tuned
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

welcome...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Musician

Welcome LiveLikeGold6 !!!
This is a great site with alot of nice people on here.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Welcome, LLGold.
This is a great place for support, and it seems like you are also getting a support system in place irl, that is a good thing. Congratulations on deciding to make the first steps into a sobriety. I wish you tons of courage, you can do this.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Livelikegold!!!

I am completely accepting, open, and willing to do the personal and physical work to get me there
You have the best attitude possible to begin this journey!!! Keep it, and keep in mind that if you start to really struggle be willing to do what ever it takes to not drink, pray, call you sponsor, call another person in the fellowship, go to a meeting.

Trust me at first calling some one is going to be hard (at least it was for me), if you are like me you will think "I don't want to bug them." Well you calling some one is helping them stay sober as well!!! Wouldn't you feel good if some one called you rather then drink? The day will come when you get that call.............. do not worry, you do not have to know any magical thing to tell them, just being there and caring is all you will need to do.

6 days, that is awesome, keep on keeping on, I am glad to hear you have a sponsor that got sober young, I was 52 when I sobered up, most of my sponsees are around my age and we relate pretty good, one of my sponsee's is 30 and we relate pretty well also, one is 21 and we both really have to work at the age difference, but he is staying sober and that is what matters.

BTW what you are feeling physically is common at this stage, I loved to sleep, and the dreams are awesome, but be prepared, the drinking dreams will come on occasion, I eventually reached the point where I handled them pretty well, but early on they really freaked me out!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome! You can do this, you're so young with so much ahead of you, this is going to be *so* worth the effort now...think its important to do as someone else noted: focus on yourself at this point; your family members can be helped when you've got some time under your belt clean. Ok? Its kind and noble, but you owe something to yourself first....best, matey!