being thankful.....

Old 09-13-2003, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

being thankful.....

FIrst of all, hello to all of you, and I miss you guys sooo much! Have been so busy lately I usually just have time to sleep. I hope eveyone is doing ok.

Had some interesting times in the past few months that I wanted to share with you all.

My X-A is repeating history with his girlfriend he went to live with when he and I separated last year. In talking with his mother he is still up to the same things he was with me. She just got her car out of impound for the 4th time last week, as he was pulled over and taken to jail, dwi, and possesion charges Again.... she also told his mother that he was upset that she gave him 60$ and he was angry he could not get another 30$ from her....sounds so frighteningly familiar it sent chills through me to hear her tell me about it.

I can just imagine all the other things he is doing that were the exact same when we were married.

I feel so blessed to be out of the situation, when she was telling me about the horror stories I sat back and felt the hugest sense of relief that I have ever had, those problems are not mine anymore, that lifestyle is not mine anymore and my daughter and I dont have to live that way anymore. I think that my HP still sends reminders my way every now and then to make me remember how lucky I am and how far I have come. It wasnt a bed of roses getting here but I am here and I never want to go back, not even for a second.

I've been dating some, that has been interesting...the beauty part of it, is that I am happy with me just the way I am and with my life and my independance, dont get me wrong, I would love to find my prince charming, but I am happy with me first and it has taken me a long time to feel like that about myself, I need to get use to that and take my time.

My little one started the first grade this year, she has been doing really good, she loves school...

Work has been keeping me very busy, I get to fly to Denver for a conference the first week in October, I am looking foward to that as I have never been there. I am really blessed in the work area.

I really hope you all are doing okay, I am really gonna try to get on here more than I have. I sure miss you all! I am going to do some catching up now, so many new people!

Love you guys.....
still wouldnt be where I am if it hadnt been for you guys!
Old 09-13-2003, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Good morning Bonbon!

I am glad to here you are doing so well!

Hugs,
JT
Old 09-13-2003, 07:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{BONBON}}}

It's wonderful to hear from you and I am so happy that your life is so much better now. It's so nice of you to come back here and share your recovery with us - we love the stories with happy endings most.

Hugs to you and your little girl!!!! You are both truly blessed.

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-13-2003, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bon Bon!!!!!

You sound great, and it's so good to hear from you. Hey everybody! Look what can happen when you start thinking about YOU!!!

Hugs!
Smoke
Old 09-13-2003, 10:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Bonbon,

I missed you and have been looking for you.

Thanks for checking in. I'm so glad life is good for you and your daughter.

Enjoy your trip to Denver.

Hugs,
MG

Old 09-13-2003, 01:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello BonBon,

It was a nice surprise to see you here today! I have been really busy lately too and I don't get to come visit the site as much as I would like. When I do and I read a post like yours, I feel so great knowing how wonderful we can all feel when we work our program!! I love this place and even if it is just for a few mins. I always feel so much better after my visit. So glad that your doing well.

Take care always,
matters
Old 09-13-2003, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bonbon!!!!!!!!! So great to hear from you! And what a wonderful story. I remember where you were to where you are now and it is such an inspiration for me. I just love hearing how you have been and its all so wonderful. You really deserve it. Take good care.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

HUGGES TO BON BON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so very much for sharing your victories...without hearing them it would be so much harder to believe there is HOPE for any of us.

I just love a good victory story...I feel so much better when I can cry because of victories than I do crying over over melted chocolates the way I used to. (Don't ask it's a long story)

Love and prayers from one who cares............God Bless.