Notices

Having had a Spiritual experience.......

Old 10-19-2009, 10:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having had a Spiritual experience.......

Having had a Spiritual experience approximately 2 years ago when I was relieved of my alcoholism at a time when I was alone and at the point of death my recovery continues althoiugh there has yet to be a human explanation for the events that ocurred, literally overnight. I realise now that I came to reside in my present accomodation for this event to happen, for it was more through circumstance than by choice. I am aided by my friend, Gillian a former Senior Nursing sister and Clinical Psychologist who has many years experiencve both privately and professionally in dealing with addicts and alcoholics, we have a,'spiritual attachment' her words not mine. I stay close to,'the god of my understanding' and adhere to my Christian beliefs and Buddhist principles, particularly the Four Noble Truths,suffering, cause, cessation, enlightenment which lead to the Eight Fold Noble Path, the core values. I also have great regard for the words in,'Alcoholics Anonymous', "those that thoroughly follow our path" and on page 275 in the story,'The Keys of the Kingdom'. It is an interesting journey this,'spiritual path' but one that will be pursued the rest of my sober life if I have anything to do with it, it's certainly better than the 30yrs or so I spent drinking. Michael.:ghug3