Having the weekend to myself

Old 10-15-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having the weekend to myself

So, AH has gone away for the weekend on a golf trip with my Dad and some friends, and I feel like I have a few days where I won't worry about him.

Pretty sure his last drink was Monday morning, but has been sick ever since because drinking on antabuse apparently also causes severe muscle pain that can last for several days. He didn't know that - now he does. He even started talking about maybe not going, but I was having none of that. This is MY weekend too.

He insisted that I give the antabuse to my Dad and that my Dad was to give him one pill in the AM and one in the PM. He probably doesn't need to take them 2x day, but it seems to be a psychological thing for him. He left with his 12 pack of Dr. Peppers in a cooler. Is he drinking - nothing I can do if he is. I admit though I was thrilled when he called this afternoon and was sober. He played well today, and was happy. I'm sure there will be some temptation there since some of the guys do drink - but my Dad doesn't and most of the guys know his situation. One of the guys has been dealing with his AW, and another his AS. So, there is some sensitivity.

I'm just happy to have four days where I don't have to worry about him.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Let the self pampering begin!

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So we heard about what AH is going, with whom, etc. What about you? Any special plans?
Old 10-16-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You know what - that's a good question. I am going to clean my house. I know that sounds boring but I love having the house to myself where I can queue up one of my saved TV shows and listen to the show while I'm cleaning. A friend of my son who I haven't seen in months is coming over tonight with her son for Pizza. And, I've got some school work to catch up on. Last night, I fixed a light in the kitchen that has been bugging me for a month. I stayed up late last night with a bowl of popcorn and watched episodes of Warehouse 13 on SiFi with my 8 year old curled up next to me in bed.

It sounds really boring, I know, but I've been really stressed lately. Its like a vicious cycle; you get stressed so you can't get anything done; and then you get stressed because you haven't been able to get anything done. I left work early today so I would have more time to spend on what I wanted to do.