Joy

Old 10-15-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool Joy

Boundaries work GREAT, the other day I was firm about a boundary I got and guess what, it is now respected and I'm more relaxed! the other person knows I take myself seriously, that I am watching, and if it is crossed I am not afraid of taking other steps.

After letting go an alcoholic, friendships or new loves seem so much easier to let go!! And everybody else look like angels in comparison anyway LOL.

Time away does wonders, I have spent more time working from home and I can literally see my dettachment building and my excitement for some plans I made and joy coming again... such as: painting, saving for short backpacking trips and saving for a very expensive yoga/surf retreat.

Next week I will fly to Mexico city and I am excited that perhaps I will see some friends and I will see both my mom and dad, dad is getting a medal at an historical castle and it will be great to see his work recognized in public!!!

I am also thinking on going to a spa perhaps? My favorite place is the W Hotel Spa "the most Zen place in the country" and I may treat myself to a facial. Note I got almost no $$ as usual but the good thing about me is that I don't care about spending months working, not going out, and eating tuna sandwiches to recover from that....

Also I was able to see bf under a different light and we are more in love than before. Nothing extraordinary happened, I just did not see him for a couple of days and we missed each other a lot. And I realized that I often confuse boredom with PEACE AND RELAXATION.

It is funny because the apartment is as noisy as ever but now I put my own music or have been busy working so I can't pay attention to it... I may spend the weekend cleaning it and taking that as a Therapeutic exercise. As if the most important and only thing in the world was to have a certain skirt washed and ironed, the floor perfectly mopped, etc.

I am listening to my all-time favorite music and suggest you do the same, especially the songs that bring great memories, I have found it very healing lately.

I feel I have taken another step towards freedom and I am able to stop myself whenever I wonder about someone else and my need to control anything arises. Deep down I know I am better off now. And yes I do like myself much more now than who I was before. I feel stronger and I like the eyes I see in the mirror.

I am considering getting another cat to play with mine while I am at work. I suspect my cat is bored nowadays. I hope they get along, I am reading about that. Pets are truly therapeutic and dozing off with my cat is the best feeling ever. Waking up while hugging a cat is the best thing in the world. I love it when she approaches me so I hug her. I think I prefer the cat to my bf LOL.

I hope you too allow more joy in your life.

Thanks for reading my random journaling thoughts today.

Last edited by TakingCharge999; 10-15-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
Boundaries work GREAT, the other day I was firm about a boundary I got and guess what, it is now respected and I'm more relaxed! the other person knows I take myself seriously, that I am watching, and if it is crossed I am not afraid of taking other steps.

After letting go an alcoholic, friendships or new loves seem so much easier to let go!! And everybody else look like angels in comparison anyway LOL.

Time away does wonders, I have spent more time working from home and I can literally see my dettachment building and my excitement for some plans I made and joy coming again... such as: painting, saving for short backpacking trips and saving for a very expensive yoga/surf retreat.

Next week I will fly to Mexico city and I am excited that perhaps I will see some friends and I will see both my mom and dad, dad is getting a medal at an historical castle and it will be great to see his work recognized in public!!!

I am also thinking on going to a spa perhaps? My favorite place is the W Hotel Spa "the most Zen place in the country" and I may treat myself to a facial. Note I got almost no $$ as usual but the good thing about me is that I don't care about spending months working, not going out, and eating tuna sandwiches to recover from that....

Also I was able to see bf under a different light and we are more in love than before. Nothing extraordinary happened, I just did not see him for a couple of days and we missed each other a lot. And I realized that I often confuse boredom with PEACE AND RELAXATION.

It is funny because the apartment is as noisy as ever but now I put my own music or have been busy working so I can't pay attention to it... I may spend the weekend cleaning it and taking that as a Therapeutic exercise. As if the most important and only thing in the world was to have a certain skirt washed and ironed, the floor perfectly mopped, etc.

I am listening to my all-time favorite music and suggest you do the same, especially the songs that bring great memories, I have found it very healing lately.

I feel I have taken another step towards freedom and I am able to stop myself whenever I wonder about someone else and my need to control anything arises. Deep down I know I am better off now. And yes I do like myself much more now than who I was before. I feel stronger and I like the eyes I see in the mirror.

I am considering getting another cat to play with mine while I am at work. I suspect my cat is bored nowadays. I hope they get along, I am reading about that. Pets are truly therapeutic and dozing off with my cat is the best feeling ever. Waking up while hugging a cat is the best thing in the world. I love it when she approaches me so I hug her. I think I prefer the cat to my bf LOL.

I hope you too allow more joy in your life.

Thanks for reading my random journaling thoughts today.
yoga/surf retreat sounds AMAZING! personally, i'm saving up to go snowboarding...one day i'll be really good!

as for favorite music, i definitely second that. there are still bands that are "off limits" to me right now (too many memories of xabf that i haven't worked through yet) but i'm hoping that eventually i'll be able to reclaim that part of myself. music is a HUGE part of my life and it really sucks going through a breakup because i have to eliminate certain songs, bands, even genres!

you sound like you're doing great!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy, joyous and free -- What a beautiful thing!

freya
Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound happy as a lark TC, and yes spa and new kitty are good ideas.
Getting out of routine every so often is very uplifting and can put a new slant on old things in our lives.

Yesterday morning, ABF and I went fishing at a beaut beach a few miles from our homes.
It was so relaxing and enjoyable, and the scenery was stunning. Looking over a blue ocean close to the Great Barrier Reef, with some of the Whitsunday Islands on the horizon and a few yachts on a sailing run.....what could beat that?

Had a couple of our catch for dinner last night, oh yummy.

Now I need to fold and put away the load of washing I just left in the basket. Time to head back to the reality of life.

God bless
Old 10-16-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I like what you said about focusing on ironing the skirt or mopping the floor or whatever it may be-- things that we so often complain about but in general we have to do them anyway, so why not try to enjoy them?? Complaining only makes it worse!

It reminds me of something I read -- maybe heard in a yoga class even..
It was to try to find the pleasure in every day activities, especially ones that we need to do and don't generally enjoy.. For instance, washing dishes every day-- notice the way the warm water feels on your hands if it's cold out, etc. Just tiny little delights, take all the sensory experience in. Some times I don't feel like walking the dog especially if the weather is bad but I try to take deep breaths and breathe in the smells of the season, and it brings back a lot of nostalgia if not memories from other days in the past that have smelled as such. Or to just notice the nature around me. I've realized that while I'm so hung up over AH or other drama in my life, I'm not even aware that I'm driving... I'll get home from work and think, that was fast.. haha! Well I don't want to wish my life away like that.

Sounds like you are doing really great and it's nice to read such a happy post. Congratulations!!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

queenie:

Why don't we vow to exchange pictures, you with your snowboard and me with the surf table? It does not matter if it happens in a few months of years or decades LOL. This vow would motivate me to achieve it! And/or we can post the pictures here. There is no denying we are cool

And yes don't listen those songs or genres LOL, I had to forget about metal and Daft Punk! but now I am able to listen everything that sent me crying for days, and I can enjoy the songs again without bad vibes so don't worry! but DON'T listen them now! And thanks to that I was able to learn about other kinds of music, I discovered bossa nova, acid jazz, chill out so perhaps its time to explore other types for now...

I am YOU a year later, and it gets much better so hang in there ok?? I wish we were in the same city

Lavash:

I dont know the breed of my current cat I dont know of shelters but I was thinking on getting it from ads of people that need to give one away!

Jadmack it sounds lovely the place you live. I am happy you are able to appreciate it. Yesterday I got out of a building and saw the typical sunset down here, yellow, orange, turning into blue and purple... very beautiful. Coming from a polluted city I am amazed the sky is other color than grey LOL and that I can see STARS..

I love my new washer, it finishes in 40 minutes, the old one spent HOURSSSSSS... lol

Fresh fish is the best. And healthy, too!

honoryourself:

Yes I don't remember where but I read something similar, maybe we read the same yoga article ! About being present to what you are doing. I also think pets are therapeutic in that way, they take you to the here and the now.

Yesterday I was hugging my bf and I was so happy to be with him. After my last codie madness I was able to let go more of the past and made more room for NOW. He is very affectionate, dedicates me songs.I was able to relax and I realized in my heart I am in safe harbor now and God made sure I did not go back for more. I know I would have gone back again, and again and again and again. It really is sinking in now - I was spared hell.

I had never had a relation that felt so stable and effortless. And I know without him I would be ok too.

Just wanted to share my thoughts nowadays, "let go or be dragged" is SOOO trueeee

Thanks all for your support!!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Song to set the tone for the weekend:

Old 10-16-2009, 11:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
Song to set the tone for the weekend:

i'm pretty sure we might have the exact same taste in music!!