Guilt

Old 10-14-2009, 11:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mergirl

Guilt

So while I am swimming along in my new little life, the wreckage of my past is 3 hours south. I was a drunk and an enabler, so I helped create the mess I left behind (not that I didn't spend countless days/weeks/months/years trying to fix it as well). What I left behind: A house in dire need of repairs and cleaning and tlc, an (ex) whose sickness magnified with my departure, an adult child struggling to be an adult, and 4 fur babies loved by all three of us.

Tonight, one of the fur babies is sick, and I am terrified. I want the (ex) and/or my adult child to take care of her, but after so long of being the only one to take care of things, I both feel like I need to take care of this AND I question their abilities to be able to do it without me. So I will try and sleep tonight, knowing that if the dog dies from not getting help, a part of me goes with her. Knowing that my (ex) loves this dog, and will probably do everything he can to help her, knowing my daughter loves this dog and hoping she will show up to help.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Give yourself a break. You left the dogs in the care of 2 adults. If something happens the guilt is theirs, not yours.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Lisa
I feel for you.

Its very hard to let go and not worry, and trust in other people, when it's a living breathing entity that you love.

I think the fact tho that you all love this dog will mean it gets the best possible treatment concern and care.

I know you're not a God chick but I do believe in the power of...well...good thoughts (to use a secular term) so I'm sending good thoughts for the fur baby and for you.

Hugs
D
Old 10-15-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gypsy Feet,
I'm so sorry this is happening. I hope your furbaby gets the help she needs. Try to remember that God watches out over all creatures great and small.

I will be thinking of you both.

Alice
Old 10-15-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mergirl

I'm at least 1/2 a God chick

So, dog is doing "a little better", what ever that means, and ex has an appointment for her on Saturday. I wish I could rub her belly, but then again, I wish I could rub the bellies of all of the sick, scared and unhappy people out there. Trusting The Plan
Old 10-15-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Offered a little prayer to St Francis for your dog. I figure that I can't do much from way over here in Aussie, but he can probably "pop" round and rub a tum.

God bless