Disposition; My darkest fears; God's grace

Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

Disposition; My darkest fears; God's grace

Disposition:

Got home Monday and had a message from the DA about axw's phone harassment (threatened to kill me when I had to go retrieve my daughter 2 years ago) charges. Called him back Tuesday, he recommended deferred something or other, not ajudication. Basically she signs off guilty (it's criminal) and if she keeps clean for a year (nothing worse than a traffic ticket), it goes away. She won't be able to do that. I told him I would doubt if she'd been "clean" for these 2 years. He acted surprised and said he'd check....duh?

Had one of those "sugar wouldn't melt in her mouth/syrupy sweet toned" phone messages from her when I got home. You know, one of those that they turn on when they want something. Blech!

My darkest fear:

All day I agonized if I'd done the right thing agreeing to this, since now she's kinda off the hook. My darkest fear (irrational of course) is that I will receive a summons in the mail and be caught off guard/flatfooted and not have the money for a good lawyer and have to go back to court and be out lawyered/out moneyed and lose my daughter. There is a nest of drunks down there with a lot of vindictiveness and a lot of disposable income.

Of course this is irrational, because no judge in his right mind would turn a kids life inside out when she is flourishing (straight A's, even in behavior lately, karate, brownies starting Thursday, church, sleepovers), we have a great life.

But still, it's ALWAYS there in the recesses of my mind. Like waiting for the other shoe to drop, or always looking over my shoulder. I want it gone.

It occurred to me, that maybe I should simply ask. After all, virtually EVERYTHING I've "asked" for since I've been a "believer", has come to pass.

God's Grace:

With in one hour of my phone convo w/ the DA, HP began sending me signs in the form of my beloved critters. The drought here is officially over, it's rained, and rained, and rained.

The wild flowers have come back with a vengeance, with them butterflies of every size and color. Also the dragon flies, the really BIG ones. I love those.

I saw 3 chicken hawks yesterday. Every one was sitting on a light pole I was driving under, like Hello, look at me, here I am , you can't miss me now. Hadn't seen one in weeks, it's not chicken hawk season around here now.

The dragon flies, even my 7 striped lizards from when I was a kid were out today.

Drove up and stopped at LMC's school and a young teen aged girl was walking by with a 3 legged dog. I said that she was a very handsome dog and I loved how she didn't even seem to know she was missing a leg.

The girl asked me if I wanted to pet her, I said no, but I knew of a little 8yo girl that would LOVE to pet "Boudrow".........she said I could wait till you go in and get her!!!!!!!! :wtf2 Did I mention this was a teenager? We are sooo blessed.

Today was one of those days that was beyond awesome, I cruised effortlessly through the universe. I gotta learn how to do this on "demand".

Thanks God.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

P.S. LMC put her shoes in her room without being asked, and put her dinner bowl in the sink! Damn.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for sharing this with us.

I have lived thru some ugly things with my boys' dad and my exH and his kids and custody etc. Having lived that life, I know today that the best I can do is the best I can do, and living one day at a time is a blessing.

Blessings, hugs and prayers to you and LMC too.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

[QUOTE)With in one hour of my phone convo w/ the DA, HP began sending me signs in the form of my beloved critters. The drought here is officially over, it's rained, and rained, and rained. [/QUOTE]

I LOVED this! I also find serenity in the creatures on this earth! Everything you pointed out I could see in my mind and it brought peace to my mind as well. You described it all so beautifully. Thank you for sharing!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
[QUOTE)With in one hour of my phone convo w/ the DA, HP began sending me signs in the form of my beloved critters. The drought here is officially over, it's rained, and rained, and rained.
I LOVED this! I also find serenity in the creatures on this earth! Everything you pointed out I could see in my mind and it brought peace to my mind as well. You described it all so beautifully. Thank you for sharing![/QUOTE]

It's been a long time Kindeyes, welcome back. I always got so much out of your posts.

Coyote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

There is a nest of drunks down there with a lot of vindictiveness and a lot of disposable income.

But you've got your worldwide support system and a HP with cool visuals!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
There is a nest of drunks down there with a lot of vindictiveness and a lot of disposable income.

Yes I do! Thanks Pelican. My WORLDWIDE support system. I say bring it!

Coyote

P.S. After the custody appeal, axw lost joint custody and I was granted sole custody. I asked my lawyer if they could just keep appealing, and he laughed and said, "Sure they can, but next time she's liable to be charged with the Kennedy assassination".
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post

OK. That just simply made me laugh out loud!!! You guys crack me up.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

coyote-

Thank you for this post...you just brought my feet right back onto the ground...
All is well...

(((((hugs))))
b
Old 10-15-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Little Miss Coyote is so incredibly blessed to have you as a father. You restore my faith and remind me there are caring, loving fathers out there who would go to the ends of the world for their children!

:ghug2 :ghug2