Hey guys

Old 10-07-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Hello, lot's of new names around here these days, glad they're here but sad for the reason.

I have a little update, we all have a meeting on Friday with an adoption social worker. The first step to hopefully adopting Joe. She's going to start the reports that the court needs and advise us on how to proceed. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. I never thought this day would come, and I'm hoping it all goes well, I can't see any problems yet, maybe I will after Friday I don't know.

Please, on Friday around 4pm our time send us a little of your strength, think of us and wish us well, I know it works, I've seen the results time and time again.

I'm not here as often these days, but I love you guys just as much as ever x
Old 10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Lucy. Good to 'see' you. Good news about the adoption.

I can never correctly sort out the proper time zone of my UK friends, so I will will be sending strength and best wishes ALL DAY Friday.

L
Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by LucyA View Post
Please, on Friday around 4pm our time send us a little of your strength, think of us and wish us well, I know it works, I've seen the results time and time again.
You've got my prayers Lucy, wishing you only the best! Your strength is inspiring to me, I know that God's always looking out for you and Joe
Old 10-07-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

GOOD VIBES!!!!!! Starting now...
Old 10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Lucy!

Great news - I hope it all goes smoothly! How is Joe doing? And your boys?

Will be sending good vibes across the pond on Friday...at 10am Boston time!

Good luck-
peace-
b
Old 10-07-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Lucy. Good luck on Friday! Will say prayers, for sure
Old 10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((Lucy))

I'm with TC...I'll just start the prayers NOW, so I won't forget on Friday or get the time wrong!! I'm sure everything will go just fine - you and your boys and Joe have been awesome blessings for each other and will continue to be.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wonderful. Praying as of now as me in Australia and time zones drive me nuts.

God bless
Old 10-07-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Great news Lucy! I'll start praying late Thursday my time!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Lucy,

I remember you! (I was on here before under a different name). I will be sending good thoughts your way. HUGS.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Lucy! What great news and I will be praying on Friday as well.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
How is Joe doing? And your boys?
b
The boys are all doing fine Bernadette, I think Joe is amazing considering the life he's had. He sems to have put it behind him pretty well though and he's learning to talk about it when things do get too much for him.

We all still miss his dad, but we remember the good times with him now, instead of asking why, or thinking about what could have been.

Life's good!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I'll be thinking about you all tomorrow and hoping for the best!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh my, this place, your thoughts and prayers and belief in a higher power really does seem to work.
The social worker came, she filled in her questions, had a laugh with us and semed to connect with me and the lads.
She sees no problems whatsoever, not even if Joes other aunt objects to me adopting him (as I'm sure she will)
She spoke to Joe and asked his opinion, he said he wants me to adopt him and wants his new brothers because thats how they are anyway.
She did put me on the spot a bit and asked for two people who know I'm hoping to adopt Joe and would be willing to give me a reference, I havent talked much about it because I had no idea how it would go, but luckily, my two closest friends are a childminder and a teacher, so I gave their numbers.

I have to put my application in to the court in the next few weeks, and the social worker said whatever happens, by this time next year at the latest Joe will legally be my son.

I have mixed feelings, I wish he was with his mum and dad, but he can't be, so I'll do the best I can for him. I love him so much, and I love all of you for sending me postitve vibes today. I'll keep you updated, but hopefully everything will run smoothly from now.
I have to wait for my police check to come back, but I have regular checks for work so no worries there.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((( Lucy ))))

Thanks so much for keeping us updated. A lot of us feel like Joe's magical-invisible extended family, you know? We've been through both of your ups & downs and this makes me so happy. I'm just so glad things are going well for you & all the boys.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Lucy!
I agree w/ GiveLove! Reading about your adoption of Joe brings tears to my eyes! I guess because I look at my two sons and I think if they had the unfortunate destiny to lose both parents, how blessed would they be to have an Aunt willing to go the distance and blend them into her family? Especially an Aunt who is aware and knowledgeable about the effects of alcoholism on a family, and on a young boy?

"How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world." Shakespeare

peace & continued strength---
b
Old 10-09-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
((( Lucy ))))

Thanks so much for keeping us updated. A lot of us feel like Joe's magical-invisible extended family, you know? We've been through both of your ups & downs and this makes me so happy. I'm just so glad things are going well for you & all the boys.

I feel you're part of our family too, you've all helped us through so much and stuck around when other friends couldn't handle it. One day I'll tell Joe about this place, and how much you helped me in the really dark days. I really hope he wont need you (no offence) but I'm well aware that he may well do one day, no matter how well he seems to be doing now. He's an amazing kid, the social worker got stuck and mixed up with our family dynamics and he put her straight right away, she called our case a step parent adoption and he said no, she's my aunt and my dads sister, nothing is going to change except for my cousins being my brothers.
People have always said he wouldn't be the way he is if it wasn't for me, I never wanted to take the credit for that because he is who he is, but now I accept the comments, I've worked damned hard to help him get where he is and now I'm ready to take some credit and responsbility. Not all of it though, he's a good kid, and whatever his parents were they gave him a good start.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
Hi Lucy!
I agree w/ GiveLove! Reading about your adoption of Joe brings tears to my eyes! I guess because I look at my two sons and I think if they had the unfortunate destiny to lose both parents, how blessed would they be to have an Aunt willing to go the distance and blend them into her family? Especially an Aunt who is aware and knowledgeable about the effects of alcoholism on a family, and on a young boy?

"How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world." Shakespeare

peace & continued strength---
b
I so wish I knew nothing about alcoholism, but what I do know I will use to help all my boys, I was offered a job in an local alcohol dependancy unit recently, the subject fascinates me and I'd love to help people who want to be helped, but it's too soon and I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility yet. One day though that's what I'd like to do, I can't save the world and I certainly couldn't save my brother, but one good result in a job like that would be worth gold. Who knows what the future will bring, what I do know is these days I'm welcoming the future with open arms. I used to dread tomorrow, not anymore.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Reading what you've posted today got me all choked up Lucy, I'm so happy for you and the kids. So much to be grateful for, huh?
Old 10-09-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
Reading what you've posted today got me all choked up Lucy, I'm so happy for you and the kids. So much to be grateful for, huh?

A heck of a lot to be grateful for Astro!
We've lost a heck of a lot too, but that's life at times, we could have lost a lot more.
We just get on with life now and make the best choices we can. I try to teach the kids about choices and consequences (sp?)

Anyway, we just get on with life, we have sad times and we have good times, mostly good family times.

We're doing good.

(and we got a fur baby, never thought I'd be mother to a cat, but I love her to bits and she loves me too, will post a pic when she stays still long enough)