New here

Old 10-03-2009, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hello all, I am a grandmother with a 2.5 year old grandson whose mother is an addict and gone to rehab once, and now needs it again but denies it of course. thank you for welcoming me, I have no new story its all the same as everyone elses. The dad is a recovering alcoholic but doing okay I guess. We live in different cities but only 30 miles away. My daughter steals checks and cashes them, breaks into relatives homes and steals money, etc, not much the law can do because she has fingerprints there anyways. All a roller coaster and the same old story, I just don't want my daughter, the mom, to be able to take her child especially when she is high and take him and try to raise him, so I lie and tell her he is not here hasn't been for awhile so on and so forth. Not really looking for advice just venting. No grandparents rights in Fla unfortunately. anyways thanks for welcoming and for this forum. I look forward to meeting you all.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Hi Deb. I know your pain and frustrations. I am not a mother of an addicted person but there is addiction and alcoholism all through my very large family. I have "lost" nieces and nephews to addicted sister-in-law who will not allow them to see me because of an effort to "help" them when she was Very messed up 24/7. I can now only pray through their absence from my life that they do not follow in her footsteps. I have learned, very painfully, that it is best to let go and let God.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Welcome from another mom.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Deb You will find a lot of support in the Friends & Family section, you could also post this post there for extra support from people in the same situation.

All of the best,

NB
Old 10-04-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you have decided to join us and thanks for being there for your grandson. Addiction truly is a family disease. They say for every addict, at least 10 people are impacted. Keeping you all in my prayers - I hope your daughter chooses recovery.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Deb, Welcome to a site that has tons of info and support. I'm glad your there for your grandson...I have 3 myself.. Welcome~ Smiles, Bonnie
Old 10-04-2009, 11:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hi deb, welcome. hope to get to know you better, keep posting, reading and venting as you need to or just want to. you and your family are in my prayers,
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome from another mom and mommom. (2 grandchildren)