Notices

4 days then relapse (alchol)

Old 10-01-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days then relapse (alchol)

sorry, I dont type professional, nor do i try hope you get my point.

this is me, I am 23 been an alcholic for 2 years, it all started when i wanted to get a beer tolerance for when i went out on weekends so i could "hang" so i would drink beer during the week to get me ready for the weekend, long story short i am in a tight situation trying to support my mom who cant work, we went through weeks no groceries, mondays where i was bingin' all weekend and all that. i just tried to quit 2 weeks ago, sober for 5 days then fell. now i was sober for 4 and feel today cause mom qualified for disability and i really got emotional cause i am the only 1. of 4 kids that have helped my mom, who has given EVERYTHING she has for us kids (who have money and dont have to worry about groceries) and my mom has given me such great love, and has NEVERRR given up on me, shes got my back and i cant put a price tag on a great mom and "finacial security" aka enough money to SURVIVE.

I will go to AA monday, I have created a couple ulcers in my stomach, and if you have 1 you understand the pain. then coming off of binges and going to work on monday....the depression, anxiety.... I hate alchol i went home early to celebrate and drank 3 beers, and i guess since i got my mind up that i want to be sober it didnt feel right so i threw the remaining beers away, and 30 minutes later i went and got some more. I want this and wont stop. i owe it to my mom and myself. THIS IS MY STORY.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Welcome!

I am so glad that you found us.

I think you are experiencing some of the 'insanity' involved with alcoholism. You buy the beer, throw it away, go and buy some more. And, I can sure relate to the depression/anxiety that you are talking about. I'm glad you are seeking support and hope that you will continue to read here and to post.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JusBcool View Post

I will go to AA monday

I want this and wont stop.
Welcome!!!

Just a thought, if you want it, why are you waiting until Monday?

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you know, yall guys(from texas your support is what i need and my fam is on my mind. i love my mom and i am the "rock" i need to stay strong for her and i SOOOO wanna do this. she has had my back for 23 years what should i do? she was ALWAYS working overtime for me and i can barely make 40...i feel i should match her....she dont say a word other than she loves me... never harpers when i fail. I gotta get this done. I will never put another woman or substance in front of her cause i need to match what she did for me. man i gotta get it going

luv yall
Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Old 10-01-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

c011: It's a wonderful decision for your mom, and for you too, for you to quit drinking. You're young and have a great future ahead of you filled with much happiness (and many challenges). So get going!!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

Sorry, wrong welcome guy again. That's twice now I meant to put a big happy WELCOME there.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi JusBCool

Welcome to SR. This is a great place for support and encouragement, so please use us.

Come back and read this thread the next time you get the urge to buy more beer, maybe?

I'm glad you're looking at AA too. Everything that we can use to get out of the cycle we're in is good

Hope to see you around,
D
Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Now that your Mom will be getting disability ...she may also
qualify for the Federal Food Stamps program.
I live on Social Security and food stamps help me a lot.

Please see if this gives her information
1-888-421-3281

Yes...quitting drinking was the wisest thing I ever did.
Glad to know you are going to stop....

Welcome to SR...
Old 10-02-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks yall for the support, im up for the challenge!!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome. Long journey ahead but it's soooo worth it.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i came to AA thinking that, if only i could get rid of my problems i could stop, AA has taught me that in order to get rid of them i just need to keep coming to AA.

welcome, your worth it !!

god bless.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR JusBcool, why are you waiting until Monday? It would be a very good idea to see your doctor and get checked out and honest with your doc about your drinking, you may need to be medically detoxed.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Welcome to SR JusBcool, why are you waiting until Monday? It would be a very good idea to see your doctor and get checked out and honest with your doc about your drinking, you may need to be medically detoxed.
well where i am at there is AA on mon and thurs, and UNLESS im coming off of a 3 day binge of drinking and sleeping(weekends) my withdrawels/detox are fairly minor. I guess I will talk to my doctor today or when I can real soon about my drinking problem. For the first time yesturday I HATED being drunk. I hope that will also help me along my journey a lil bit. I feel so good when im sober.

Thx yall, this is the most loving group of people ive been around.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

welcome aboard jusbcool......bein' cool in wharton texas would be one heck of an accomplishment as i visited friends there many many years ago and it is one of the hottest places i've ever been.

great job by you wanting to quit drinking and take care of your mom. not many kids (i have a son your age so you're a kid to me) have that much responsibility thrust upon them. i'm very proud of you for wanting to do both.

it's not easy, especially at first but the more days you get under you the better you begin to feel. mentally and physically. that's not to say you won't have days where you are just nuts wanting some. they can come out of the blue but i'm getting stronger each day.

i only have 24 days right now and i've already saved 210 dollars on liquor. now i've spent some of those savings on eating breakfast every day now and maybe an energy drink to go with it.

but if you give up drinking one of the benefits is that is that much more money you'll have for you and your mom.

stick around here when you're feeling weak as there is always some good person on here that will get your back for you.