update on AS

Old 09-29-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update on AS

Just giving an update to my friends here. i havent been on as much lately due to work and being a bit under the weather the last few weeks.

AS is doing very well right now. He got his GED a couple of weeks ago and is about to hit the top level in his program. He did so well on the GED that he's now talking about going to college YEAH!!!! He struggled for a while in the beginning but really seems to be coming around and the GED gave him a lot of incentive and hope. he's still lonely and wanting to come home but hanging in there. We're hoping that he'll complete the program in January. He did have a diabetic seizure last week while in the shower which was a little set back for him emotionally - those are hard for him to deal with alone but they took care of him and besides a nasty bump on the head he was fine.

His PO is being a bit difficult - she had said in the beginning that he would get visits home but now wont allow them until he is 17. She is letting him come home for a few days at christmas but not thanksgiving. We have been allowed some day passes but those are tough since its a 6 hour round trip drive. But there's nothing we can do about it so we're just making the best of it.

One of my son's best friends is living here for a spell while he gets his life together - he has gotten in some trouble but i dont see signs of an addiction problem - he's abided by my house rules very well. its been nice to have a young man in the house again. Its funny sometimes how you cant get through to your own child but someone else's kid you can. his parents are fine with him being here - they see him frequently and are just glad that he's not out on the streets. I am glad that when my son gets out he'll have this friend to spend time with because i think that he will be a good influence on him. My son is very happy about him being here - it seems to give him some comfort that his friend and i are watching out for each other and getting along well.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Winnie
I am so happy for you and your son. This was a good post for me to read today. Hope you are feeling better.

Gotahavfaith
Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Winnie, So glad you posted, I've been thinking about you & your son. It's really good to hear that he is doing well and so is his mama. I often think it is way easier to speak to someone elses kid then my own. And hasn't it always been true that a child behaves much better at their friends house then their own.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to see the update I was thinking about you. I am so glad your son is doing so well.
It was nice of you to take in his friend. God Bless you both.

Your friend
Maggiemac
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Winnie))) What is best about the above post, is that YOU seem to be feeling good or at least accepting about what has transpired.

Keeping you and your son in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 09-29-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Winnie - I too have been thinking about you. I know SR prayers are really powerful, but I suspect SR thoughts about members we are missing are also quite powerful an compel those members to stop in and visit.

I'm glad things are going well for you and your son. I know the holidays may be a bit tough, but there is a reason...somehow this will give him something he needs in his journey...and you in yours.

How is your daughter? Hope you are done with feeling under the weather and returning to full health!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((Winnie)))))

Darned, it's good to see you!!! I'm so glad AS is doing good, though hate to hear about the seizure. I'm sure it's disappointing about the home visits, but you will all get through it. I remember when I was locked up and was supposed to be released on a certain day and was kept a week later...I was livid!!! I was sure it was going to kill me, but obviously I'm still here.

His friend staying there sounds like a good situation for all involved. I'm sure it helps you to know that a young man actually LISTENS to you and follows the rules...wow!! What a concept, huh?

You sound great, and that is wonderful. How is dd? Did the bad kitty ever come back?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-30-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My daughter is doing great - she is such a sweet soul and we have really become close over the last year. She has def been the silver lining in all of this.

Amy - yes bad kitty came back. he was locked in my neighbors garage. she is an elderly woman and when she found him (after a week) she brought him over in tears - she really wanted to find him and had been looking for him the whole week - the whole time he's held up in her garage. He is still a bad kitty - at least once a week he tries to bring some animal in here that he's caught - he just cant understand why we keep taking them away from him.