new to the forum but getting used to the pain

Old 09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to the forum but getting used to the pain

hi all and thanks in advance for your reply's if any.

its come to a point when i turn to a forum for help but then i feel now is the right time. i probably know all the answers to it anyway but then there's no harm in looking for more.

my delema... in very short format the history to date.

My wife is an addict:

we met and we dated for a few years ( she was on methadone and seemed stable. she told me what i thought was all about her past )

we married and have a son now 2 years old.

over the 4 years ive been through 3 relapses all to heroin.

one after my little boy was born - she vanished for 2 weeks and i eventually had the dealers house raided to get her back.

now back to today.....

she has been reducing down on the methodone and relapsed slightly for 2 days untill we upped the dose but i travel away alot and im 100% sure the old ways are back but not herion maybe pills and potions.

ive lost my way and not confronting her as i feel the outcome will be me walking out with the little one. not an option i want and impossible for me to stay employed

i guess its the bleeding us dry of cash that hurts as well.

not sure what else to say and what im looking for but i feel better thankyou
Old 09-28-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and I'm glad you posted.

You may not like what I say here, but I feel I must advocate for the children of addicts. Even if the message is difficult for some to hear. A pill-head, a potion-head, a heroin addict. They are all the same. They cannot take care of a two year old child. I hope you do the right thing. I hope you step up and protect your son from his mothers addiction.

At some point this ceases to be about your wife and you. It's about a helpless child who has no say in the matter.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for that relpy kitty

my son is in no real danger at present as i have things in place to prevent it. im with him or someone is with him all the time. my wife although an addict would never harm him or put him in danger and i know this from the past. may sound hard to believe but true
Old 09-28-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! Lots of support here, first know that you are NOT alone. Lots of valuable info, please read the stickies at the top.

I agree with hello-kitty.......doesn't matter what the drug.....if your wife is using then your son should not be left alone with her. It's not about her or you. This is not said to be hurtful but said with compassion.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

my wife although an addict would never harm him or put him in danger and i know this from the past. may sound hard to believe but true
I'm sure she would not do it on purpose however, as a recovering addict I can tell ya that pills and potions definitely sap your parenting skills... to say the least.

But anyway, keep reading and posting. This forum is a great place for support and guidance. You definitely aren't alone.