Notices

Newmorning

Old 09-25-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newmorning

Thanks to all of you for all the replies. And before you ask, yesssss I did make it past all the stores last night. Thinking about SR kept me going. I woke up feeling great, I'm at work not feeling dizzy or queezy. I thought now just the weekend to get through, but you know what? I remembered what I learned: Today will be just wonderful.
I think you are right, you feel like such a failure and then you have another until you don't care and the vicious cycle starts again. When you are alone with your feelings it's so easy to give up and give in. Alcohol killed my father and two of my best friends. I should have known better. Thankfully I didn't let it get as far as the physical withdrawal I had last time, which is why I checked into detox. Now just the emotional to deal with. Thanks again. I think this channel will be better than the 100,000 available on TV.
It's so nice to openly talk.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Everyone on here has experiences and gained from them experiences. So most questions about addictions can get answered.

WD by the way. I am to day 2 AGAIN.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Spen. You too. Hope you are feeling a little better. I read your post yesterday. We'll be fine, we just have to support one another. I don't want to spiral down again, it makes me think the unthinkable and it's the alcohol that does it to us, not life. Keep going. 2 days doesn't seem much but every second counts with this aweful demon inside waiting to emerge. I know I have a long way to go.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kez

glad you didnt stop,, and glad you are tuning in to station SR........................
Old 09-25-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

Somebody told me this yesterday: Feelings are not facts.

I thought it was so profound, we don't have to let our feelings carry us away into that dark place we have all been to.

We will get through it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad to see you this AM Saphie...

I think this channel will be better than the 100,000 available on TV.
That made me laugh. I hardly watch any TV now, always have my laptop tuned to SR!! Do you have access to SR at home? If you do, let's see around for the weekend. People here will see you through!!

Mark
Old 09-25-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done Saphie. Today will be wonderful, I like that. I too am very glad to be at work this morning with a clear head. Thank you for the reminder that we are in this together.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep on keepin' on. My shrink told me (and I truely believe) that it's worth the short time pain for the lifelong gain. Hold Fast! Better days are soon to come.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good deal Saphie a meeting and home safely!!! You are on a roll!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Well, I'm on my way

I'm so glad you made it past the stores and are into a wonderful day and here on SR. It's an amazing place, isn't it? Filled with amazing people. And you're one of those amazing people:ghug3
Old 09-25-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

yes they are. More than amazing. I remember at one meeting that someone said: he was singing on his way to the meeting because he was going to be with such a special kind of people. I believe that to be so true, but I also believe that when we drink we are the loneliest. There is that insanity again.
Right now I'm craving - it's Friday and I want to relax after work. I hope I'll find the strength to just have a nice cup of tea and maybe watch a movie.
I'll keep reading SR until I have to leave. Thanks for listening.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Saphie,

I agree with you that alcoholism is very isolating. I think my world got smaller and smaller the longer I drank. It's really helpful to know that there are people here who understand and who are on this journey with you.