update on "he just went crazy..."

Old 09-24-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update on "he just went crazy..."

Well for those of you following this- I was asleep after working all night and the doorbell rings at 1pm- our neighbor (a cop) was there in street clothes- evidently AH was in my car in town- drunk- passed the police on a dbl yellow line and they gave chase all the way to my house- where he tryed to run...
Here's the kicker-- they were gonna let him GO!!! If I said I would OK it- they would "cut him a break"- I said no- left it on them- told the cop about all his rehabs/ jail times. The neighbor (cop that arrested him) really wanted to let him slide- I could tell, but ended up taking him to jail.
So AH calls me (on the cops cell phone!!) and lets me know that the police have told him, Im the reason he's going to jail- that he would have "caught a break" if it weren't for me. ???? I think they did tell him at least part of that- the other part is where it is neer his responsibilty.
So this is either his 2nd or third DUI- if it is 3rd- he goes to prison- if his 2nd- he pretty much walks.
He was crying and manipulating these small town officers- Im so pissed- makes it look like its somehow my fault!! I told AH I wasnt the one drinking and driving- so uh, not my fault.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for doing the right thing.

What is your plan going forward?

L
Old 09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cops can enable too

Originally Posted by ellima01 View Post
Well for those of you following this-
So this is either his 2nd or third DUI- if it is 3rd- he goes to prison- if his 2nd- he pretty much walks.
He was crying and manipulating these small town officers- Im so pissed- makes it look like its somehow my fault!! I told AH I wasnt the one drinking and driving- so uh, not my fault.
I think some of this depends on what state you live in as some have near zero tolerance for DWI's or DUI's after the third offense. The cop was not doing him any favors by telling him he'd cut him a break. He was being pretty unethical by telling him that it was "your" fault as well. Talk about a cop not doing his job. I don't know how crooked your police dept. is there but you might want to let someone in the dept. know that their unprofessional conduct did not help the situation whatsoever. This is enabling just like so many do in society. Those who have no stake in it at all will turn a blind eye to situations that need to be addressed because they pose a risk to others if let to their own devices. I applaud you for not allowing your guy another break. He needs to get a reality check. Keep us posted on things.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ellima01 View Post
I'm concerned for you. Do you have a plan if he "walks?" If they let him out and he blames you for his troubles, things could get ugly. Do you have someplace you can go? I'm urging you to protect yourself and your children. This man seems dangerous from what you've told us.......

L