OT/Dakota and Elijah Started Kindergarten!!! and a me update.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

OT/Dakota and Elijah Started Kindergarten!!! and a me update.

Well it has been awhile since I did a Dakota update LOL

She and her twin brother Elijah started kindergarten!!! She just had a well child check and there was a mole on her tummy above her surgery scar that had me a little concerned about skin cancer, but the Dr., said it looked fine and very much like a normal mole (whew!!)

She is getting so big, yet is still so little LOL to me she is still three (that was her age when I found out she had cancer). She reminds me all the time that she is not little anymore and that she is almost 15 LOL . Sometimes with all that I've been through I feel almost 90.

I am still separated from my ah and am planning on getting a divorce started within the next month or so. Funny thing is, I stayed with him longer then what I would have just so that he would keep his job and not lose the medical insurance, but he was out on short term disability for so long he lost his seniority and will not be being called back to work after all. So the ins., will be ending in Nov, or Dec any way. (go figure)

He is having a ball dating all kinds of different women, blowing his money at the bars and having a blast with his "funemployment" and I am over here working my butt off and trying to do life on life's terms, taking care of the kids, cooking, cleaning, not losing weight (sigh), tranny going out on my vehicle and it seems I am always having to go through new adjustment periods and just when I get use to one I have to readjust to another.

ah is leaving in November to start MMI in Arizona and won't be back until Feb 2011 so I am looking forward to NOT having him around. He still comes and see's the kids, sits around texting all his new potential victims. Our relationship was so toxic and I feel that though we are separated the sickness remains on a more down low level, but is ever present.

Other than that things are good even though they don't sound like it LOL

Any how I wanted to post an updated picture of Dakota and then one of her and her twin brother Eli for all their SR Aunts and Uncles.

Dakota has scans coming up next month so you know I'll be back to petition your prayers

Fondly,
Passion
Still Clean & sober and currently 1 year cigarette free WooooHoooooo!

Now for the pics .. Enjoy!!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Nyte. I understand life on lifes terms, ya know. ;-) Not much we ca do about it. We are just blessed to be hoest hardworking women that work to overcome lifes obstacles instead of trying to escape from lifes problems with drugs and alcohol or relying on other people to solve problems for us.

Youre gorgeous and watching you do it helps me know that I can do it too.

And the kids' haircuts look great!

Keep it up. Your recovery is shining.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((nyte))

thanks for the update and the pics!! The kiddos look precious!!

Hate you are having to carry the load on everything - praying that soon things will lighten up for you!

Can relate to just wanting the ex ah out of your life - finally having no contact with mine has truly been a blessing!!!!!!

Wishing you Peace, love and joy,
Rita
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Girl,
Look at those beatiful babies. Love the missing teeth. Isn't it priceless. I bet she is proud of those also!
Sorry, haven't been on in quite awhile. did a quick check yesterday, but it has been weeks.
Looking at these 2 beautiful children, I know you realize every hard step is worthwhile.
Keep your chin up, good things are coming your way. Trust in your HP.
Thanks for sharing
Susan
Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((Nyte))

I'm sorry that you're having to carry the load, but those 2 gorgeous kids (and I'm sure their sister) are living proof of what a great job you are doing. I do hope that you get a break, soon, and can relax just a little bit. Good to hear the ex is going away

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-24-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BBD

You'd never know that lil girl was sick by looking at that smile. Gorgeous kids....I'm sorry your having a hard time of it right now but things will look up. Enjoy those cuties. They grow up so fast.. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

Hiya Nyte! The kids look great & I'm sure they will love being in kindergarten.
Thanks for keeping in touch with us about how you're doing & for sharing your wonderful Experience, Strength & Hope!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey nite, they are as cute as can be, i bet they are a hand full, huh! good to see you are doing ok. thanks for the update.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the pics - I soooo look forward to them! Their radiant joy is what it is all about and you, wonderful lady and awesome mom, have played a major role in the reason they are so happy!
I know that you know God has this under control and the day will come when life isn't such a struggle. So much to be grateful for even when we have to work so hard, huh? Hugs - thanks for the update.