speedy jason and others

Old 09-22-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

speedy jason and others

Hey! I just wanted to thank those of you recovering from addiction who get on here to advise, counsel, and comfort those of us with a loved one in addiction.

You used to be hopeless dope fiends..

You are now dopeless hope fiends..

Thanks again!!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

I'd like to see more posts from the people that have returned to a normal life....how long did you use and what finally made you stop. I so praying my son can make it this time....
Old 09-22-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cute Sojourner. I like this.
BBD, I pray your son can make it also. My son has been clean for 6 months now. I kind of feel guilty, as i used to be on this site Daily. Without the help and support i found at this site, i could never have survived this demon of addiction. It all seems like a bad dream now that we have our 20 yr old back again. He is working, loving his job, clean, responsible, a pleasure to be around. I love seeing that beautiful smile on his face, which at one point did not think i would ever see again. We have been to the bottom of this moutain and climbed our way back up. As we all know, there are no guarantee's on Sobriety, I am just very grateful of this time and we are using it to the fullest to show our son the joys of life without drugs. I have so much respect for him for his strength and perseverence to live life without drugs. I hope you find this peace with your son also.
Good luck:praying
Old 09-22-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by BBD View Post
I'd like to see more posts from the people that have returned to a normal life....how long did you use and what finally made you stop. I so praying my son can make it this time....
thank you sojouner, its only by the grace of my hp whom i choose to call god.

BBD,

i like to think my life is getting back to normal, hope i qualify here.
i was first introduced to drugs about 23yrs ago, i've had several rehab stays but what helped me the most was when my family cut me off allowing me to suffer the consequences of my own actions. i hit a bottom and became desperate to find and keep sobriety.

it is not easy, addiction is a hard habit to kick but i've been clean for a few yrs now. my family and i have a better relationship now than before the drugs and i'm so grateful that god gave them strength to step back, letting me fall so that i could find my own way, on my own. i believe that chris can get there if he chooses to.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is a great post Sojourner,

I so love to read posts from our recovering addicts, you share so much and have help so many of us to get a better understanding. I feel that each and everyone of you are remarkable people, have such a deep inner strenght and hearts of gold. You sure have a special place in my heart!

Rose