Had to change my phone number

Old 09-21-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lsb

Had to change my phone number

Well I dumped him. Tried no contact. Didn't work. Tried being friends. It didn't work. So then I went back to no contact and TOLD HIM we shouldn't talk anymore. And blocked him on my cell phone. Though he STILL tried. Emails, phone calls to my house, calling from a payphone...

So now I just changed my cell phone. I have been unemployed for 8 months and am in the middle of a job search. I feel like I just screwed myself over. It feels like he won. Like I had to do this because of him.

This break-up was worse than the relationship. And I am officially pissed off. He is the crazy ******* but I had to give up my phone number? I wish I was stronger I guess and could just not care...but I know he would always be there and bother me. It totally wouldn't have been a big deal if not for the job search.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lsb

I feel like an idiot. Like I let him get to me. I feel like nothing has been going right this whole year. I just feel so sad and knocked down. And this is what he wants, right? Well he got it, I guess. I guess he won. Cuz now I have nothing. Even the little bit I had feels gone.

I feel like I can't win.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

On the bright side....the change in phone number is another reason to "check back in" with employers you've made initial contact with.

When I was deep into my last job search, I looked for any excuse to keep submitting my resume to keep it fresh on someone's email or desktop without seeming like a stalker. I used the excuse that I wanted to be sure their firewall didn't kick it back or that my resume wasn't lost in the fax machine somewhere, but that only goes so far. Important contact info change would be a good one.

Just trying to keep you looking for positives....as though not having to hear from him again on your cell when you have a life to get one with isn't enough of a BIG FAT BONUS!!!

It may not feel like it, but your sanity is worth more than money. Would be why so many have left big money jobs, am I right?

Alice
Old 09-21-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lsb

Yes, that is why I posed here really. So I can get some positive encouragement. My mother is on my case about getting the old number back. But yes, I can at least focus 100% on the job search now and not whether or not I should block or unblock him or whether I will randomly get a phone call from him. I didn't want to do it. And I kept him blocked. But like an idiot I went on a dating site and he noticed and called me from a payphone, Thing is I don't think I will ever get rid of him. Like I always feel like he will be there. He is the type to just send an email as if nothing happened. I didnt have to do this with my last ex, but then again, he didnt keep bothering me. I just feel frustrated beyond belief with this situation. 8 months seems like such a long time - THANK YOU for the advice about sending out the resume again, that is a good idea and will try to see if I can do that with some of them.