Notices

Football Saturday!

Old 09-19-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Football Saturday!

Weekends in the fall were reserved for Football and all the beer I could hold.

As I sit watching today, sipping my cup of caramel flavored coffee, I really thought about what the weekends really meant. It used to mean getting as drunk as I could, usually making some baaad phone calls, making an ass of myself and stumbling into bed...waking up with my eyes swollen shut from alcohol. My head hurt like hell and I would start the whole fiasco again about 5 p.m. every night....never just the weekends. I can't believe I lived like that. For 30 years.

I don't miss it one damn bit.

Anyone else have something they don't miss one damn bit?
Old 09-19-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Most definitely! Waking up to what I know is going to be a stressful day of work with a wicked hangover. I've had my share of unproductive days at work due to drinking the day before, which doesn't exactly do wonders for my self-esteem.

Great idea for a thread!
Old 09-19-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This will be my first clean/sober football season since ( I think,) 1974. (!) I was so drunk during the Bears/Colts Superbowl a couple of years ago ALL I can remember about it is that it rained . (!) I can actually remember the plays now - I would always remember the score but NEVER what had happened. Last weekend was SO enjoyable & relaxing watching the start of the pro season. I was afraid the never-ending beer commericals would bother me, but so far ALL that stands out about them is how silly they are. My best friend, who is responsible for me getting sober, called me DRUNK ON HIS A** during the first quarter of the first game of the NFL season over a week ago. He said he would call back at halftime.

I knew he would be passed out by then. And he was.

How many times did I do that? So sad.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ah, Football and Hockey season...the perfect excuse to get sh*tfaced. I can't remember how many good games I can't remember lol. I always looked at Football, and being canadian, Hockey games as carte blanche to drink all I wanted because...well...it's the only time that it is actually kind of expected. I don't know if I will watch as much now that I am not drinking...I will probably watch the big games and parts of other games, but I find I get to bored sitting on the couch to long now that I am sober...I gotta go do something...which is really cool!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

football is an english game, what you play is rugby........ hee hee

peace and fellowship to my american cousins. god bless
Old 09-20-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On the path to self discovery

Watched my first sober Stanley Cup Final last year.

Yesterday I watched the Gators beat Tennessee, had one NA beer and carried on with my day afterwards, instead of being drunk before 5pm and ruining the rest of my day...