OT-Any body else have/heard of a 'MA Roller'

Old 09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

OT-Any body else have/heard of a 'MA Roller'

I've been home for 3 days suffering from an infection, one of the 'perks' of said infection is a fever roller coasting from 99 to 102.8. Boy have I been feeling crappy/sorry for me!

Any hoo, I discovered that if I lay in bed for say, oh I don't know, 72 hours or so.....EVERYTHING that didn't already hurt from the fever, like my skin, starts to hurt. Stuff like bones, cartilage, etc. I know, woe is ME.

Any how, I was laying in bed feeling sorry for poor old Coyote, when to my amazement I glanced over to spy my Ma Roller (google it). I've had this thing for 15+ years and used to use it all the time. But for some reason stopped during the 'trudging thru hell years'. I know....not takin very good care of me.

So any way it was heaven, in a chinese torture kind of way.

Then I decided nothing would make me forget my troubles like a cafeteria with about 100 3rd graders. So I went to have lunch with LMC. Don't worry, NOT CONTAGIOUS.

Man, little kids LOVE it when their parents come to lunch. Must make them feel special/loved or something, I learned this quite by accident in Kinder. It is a BIG deal to them. Who knew?

I highly recommend the Ma Roller, oh and lunch with your kid. BTW this IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A DOCTOR. Ha!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

Its all I feel like eating.

P.S. And I have enough sick days, and I just called work and I have some driver training and some things to do tomorrow that don't require me pushing/pulling anything over 700 #'s. Yea me! BTW, fevers still 100, nothing has changed but MY ATTITUDE. Thanks SR/Alanon.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Coyote, I know this isn't the reaction you probably wanted, but I'm just giggling my head off, like you do when someone says funny things in their sleep (or when they're sick) I'm off to google "Ma Roller".........

Okay, back: That's cool! My yoga teacher just has us use a foam noodle (like kids play with in the pool) but I can see where that thing would hit some pressure points.....and besides, with a foam noodle I wouldn't get the "torture" benefits you mention!
:ghug3
Old 09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, did you ever bring back memories of the eating lunch with your kiddo! I did that whenever I had the chance with my youngest while she was growing up. Loved those low low little one piece table/bench seats they had, and I had a heck of a time getting my long legs under those!

The kids would all giggle after I set my tray down and tried to get my butt plopped down at their level!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awakening

I wouldn't get the "torture" benefits you mention!

You know it's that GOOD pain....what, am I the only one? . HA!

Coyote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coyote21 View Post
I wouldn't get the "torture" benefits you mention!

You know it's that GOOD pain....what, am I the only one? . HA!
Actually that IS good pain! I don't have a Ma roller, but I had a technique I learned back when I was a programmer/analyst. I'd get really knotted up along my shoulder blade after several hours in front of a computer. I had a tennis ball I'd take to the back room, lay on my back with that tennis ball right where the muscle was knotted, and move back and forth on that tennis ball with my weight on it! It hurt me good, and did the trick to work out the tension!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

**** GL searches house for a tennis ball so she too can 'hurt so good' }}

**** GL gets song 'hurts so good' stuck in her head }}
Old 09-16-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awakening

The kids would all giggle after I set my tray down and tried to get my butt plopped down at their level!

I feel your pain, STILL 6'3/4", after ALL these years.

Coyote

P.S. The kids are SOOO funny. There was a little girl sitting next to LMC, and I didn't think it was possible, SHE TALKS MORE THAN MY KID!

A great bonus, after lunch, her teacher pulled me aside and said LMC was really doing great on her 'acting up/class clown/excessive talking issues'. Must be genetic. I was verry pleased.

Funny thing, we'd been having a rough spell these last 2 weeks,
you know, my codieness, trying to micro manage her. I JUST gave her behavior up to HP LAST NIGHT. How's that for service!

Coyote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I just googled the MA roller

I have had more fun googling after reading posts on SR! Priceless!

I'm a big fan of the google. My children (teens) know that I am addicted to random facts of trivia. My pact answer is: let's google it and find out!

I hope you're 100% again soon and

I hope GL gets that song out of her head before bedtime!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I know the trick for getting that song out of your head, GL...

Remember Tiptoe Thru the Tulips? Tiny Tim with that high trill voice and ukelele?

That oughta do the trick.

See, it works every time. Replace one obsession with another.

hee hee hee hee hee

crud. Now I have a song stuck in MY head.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
I'm a big fan of the google. My children (teens) know that I am addicted to random facts of trivia. My pact answer is: let's google it and find out!

I hope you're 100% again soon
ME TOO! I can and do surf around for hours, I never watch tv anymore. Isn't random trivia the best!

I'll hear something on talk radio during my work day and I'm like, WTF is that, how come I haven't heard about that. I write it down for later googleing. Other wise I forget!

Oh, and thanks, I feel MUCH better today...got these bizarre night sweats now, I wake up and t-shirt, sheets, comforter, soaked. Hey, it doesn't hurt! First time it happened I thought I'd pissed off the cat!

Coyote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I love this place!

Between your funny post and Cat's new avatar - there's coffee all over my desk!

Have a Terrific Thursday all
Old 09-17-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
his sweetheart

Oh I'm gonna have to get one of these in our house - both my husband and me suffer from back pain. He's the only one not to have back surgery yet in his family. Plus with him being a truckdriver - nobody realizes with those air seats in his truck the amount of bouncing up and down you do in a semi --- I remember when I first went with him -- lol you all remember those hop balls w/the handle on them from your childhood... felt almost like that... lol

Hope everyone has wonderful day,
Harley
Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
Remember Tiptoe Thru the Tulips? Tiny Tim with that high trill voice and ukelele?

Oh, thanks a LOT Cats
Old 09-17-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by HisHarleyHoney View Post
Oh I'm gonna have to get one of these in our house - both my husband and me suffer from back pain. He's the only one not to have back surgery yet in his family. Plus with him being a truckdriver - nobody realizes with those air seats in his truck the amount of bouncing up and down you do in a semi --- I remember when I first went with him -- lol you all remember those hop balls w/the handle on them from your childhood... felt almost like that... lol

Hope everyone has wonderful day,
Harley
I'm a truck driver too, but just local delivery, so I get to get out frequently. But those 'bouncy balls' for kids IS verry accurate.

I've got 3 herniated discs in my lower back, they really didn't like all the bouncing. I started working out again at the local activity center and one of their machines is JUST to strengthen the lower back.

When I first got on it a year ago I thought THIS can't be good for me, IT HURT! But you know, now that those muscles are really strong, it's kind of like the muscle is 'supporting' the joints. Mines MUCH improved, I'd say 90%.

Let me just say, I AM NOT A DOCTOR, THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE. Have a great day.

Coyote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
I love this place!

Between your funny post and Cat's new avatar - there's coffee all over my desk!

Have a Terrific Thursday all
Your new avatar is pretty spiffy too! :ghug3

Coyote