Notices

New here

Old 09-15-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hello to all I'm new to this forum and looking for a little info or others experiences. I'm a 29 year old male and have been addicted to drugs and alcohol for about 14 years. Started out with alcohol and marijuana and by 16-17 I was doing hallucinogens, pills, and cocaine. Alcohol has been a pretty serious problem from the start cocaine here and there and pills from 19 y/o to present. The pills have gotten bad in the last 2 years as in there has only been a few days without only because I couldn't find them.

I'm tired! It has caused many problems. I've been looking into methadone and suboxone and not sure if thats the way to go. I usually take morphine and perks and methadone or whatever else to get by. I snort usually. I do about 200 mg of morphine a day +/- and when thats gone about 2-300 mg of the perks and after that whatever I can find.

I guess I'm looking for a little direction I know many others have gone through the same. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who will listen. Boosted
Old 09-15-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I don't have any experience with methadone or suboxone, but others will be along who can give you more information.

It's always a good idea to talk to your dr before stopping drinking alcohol because detoxing from alcohol can be dangerous.

I am glad you are here seeking support and information.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome to SR, you'll make some friends here.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Red face

Welcome. It's good to see another starting in a new direction.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Welcome Boosted.

As Anna said, there'll be those who know coming along in this here forum.

In the meantime, you might also like to try:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

and

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Stay around and read/ post some. There's a lot of support here for what you're going through!

Take care now,

-TB
Old 09-15-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Boosted,

I have no advice for you - but I did want to welcome you.
You'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 09-15-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks yall for the welcome. The alcohol has been less of an issue the last couple years. Its the pills that are really kicking me right now. I'm not saying its not a problem. Idk its all a problem just don't know where to start. I'm pretty well lost at this point, outthere.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep reading and posting boosted

The best direction I can give you is listen to those who've been where you are now - Read their stories, find a way you like, a way that means something to you and follow how they did it

D
Old 09-16-2009, 03:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad ou found us...
Welcome
Old 09-16-2009, 03:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Welcome to SR,
Old 09-16-2009, 03:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, Boost.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Boosted, from what you say you have issues with both booze and drugs, far from uncommon, I can attest that the rooms of AA are not only full of straight up recovering alcoholics like myself, but also a great many folks who are both recovering alcoholics and addicts.

I strongly suggest that you see a doctor and tell the doc the whole truth about the dope and the booze, with out the whole truth it is hard for a doctor to know what type of treatment you need.

Next thing I would suggest is going to both AA & NA meetings, see where you feel best able to relate to what the folks there are sharing. Make a commitment to your self that no matter what, clean and sober or not, to go to a meeting every night for 90 days.

What do you have to lose? Time using and drinking?

What do you have to gain? Possibly becoming clean and sober and living a new way of life one day at a time.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
Hello to all I'm new to this forum and looking for a little info or others experiences. I'm a 29 year old male and have been addicted to drugs and alcohol for about 14 years. Started out with alcohol and marijuana and by 16-17 I was doing hallucinogens, pills, and cocaine. Alcohol has been a pretty serious problem from the start cocaine here and there and pills from 19 y/o to present. The pills have gotten bad in the last 2 years as in there has only been a few days without only because I couldn't find them.

I'm tired! It has caused many problems. I've been looking into methadone and suboxone and not sure if thats the way to go. I usually take morphine and perks and methadone or whatever else to get by. I snort usually. I do about 200 mg of morphine a day +/- and when thats gone about 2-300 mg of the perks and after that whatever I can find.

I guess I'm looking for a little direction I know many others have gone through the same. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who will listen. Boosted
Hi, I am a counselor in a drug and alcohol medical clinic and would urge you to look for a program in your area, as you seem to be in a very dangerous situation. Many people accidently overdose on alcohol and drugs. Suboxone works great for helping people with a medical detox. I have noticed that my patients on suboxone do not crave alcohol either. Of course you also need the AA and NA support groups, counseling, meds, etc.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boosted View Post

Hi Boosted I'm new to the forums myself. I know exactly how you feel about the drugs. Although I haven't used the dosage amounts you're talking about, there's a real danger in trying to quit these drugs on your own. Please go to a doctor/clinic and detox safely off the drugs. If you're serious about quitting, that's a good first step. Recovery starts after a safe detox.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome to the Sober Recovery community.
i hope you will seek medical help with your addiction
and find a spiritual program of recovery to stay stopped.