Going with the flow of the universe

Old 09-12-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

Going with the flow of the universe

I was cruising the archives of the DailyOm and came across this article. I have have actually done this , and it is truly amazing. I haven't figured out how to consciously achieve it yet, I kind of stumble across it accidentally from time to time. It's really indescribable, like EVERY THING is exactly as it should be, very cool.

Like serenity, it's something I want more of.

November 30, 2005
Let Yourself Be Carried
The Flow Of The Universe

The flow of the universe moves through everything. It's in the rocks that form, get pounded into dust, and are blown away. It is the blossoming of a flower born from a seed planted in the spring. The growth cycle that every human being goes through is part of this natural flow. The current that takes us down life's paths is this flow. When we move with it, rather than resisting, we are riding on the universal current that allows us to flow with life.

Many people live their lives struggling against this current. They try to use force or resistance to will their lives into happening the way they think it should. Others move with this flow like a sailor using the wind, trusting that the universe is taking them exactly where they need to be at all times. This flow is accessible to everyone because it moves through and around us. We are always riding this flow. It's just a matter of whether we are willing to go with it or resist it. Choosing to go with the flow is often a matter of letting go of the notion that we need to be in control at all times. The flow is always taking you where you need to go. It's just a matter of deciding whether you plan on taking the ride or having it take you there with you dragging your feet.

Learning to step into the flow can help you feel a connection to a force that is greater than you and is always there to support you. The decision to go with the flow can take courage because you are surrendering the notion that you need to do everything by yourself. Riding the flow of the universe can be effortless, exhilarating, and not like anything you ever expected. When you are open to being in this flow, you open yourself to possibilities that exist beyond the grasp of your control. As a child, you were naturally swept by the flow. Tears of sadness falling down your face could just as quickly turn to tears of laughter. Just the tiniest wave carrying you forward off the shores of the ocean could carry you into peals of delight. Our souls feel good when we go with the flow of the universe. All we have to do is make the choice to ride its currents.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm also still trying to spontaneously step into that flow whenever I want to. I will be one happy girl when I figure it out. But for now, I'm grateful for tripping over those moments when everything seems exactly as it should be, and I'm just bobbing along in the current in my little metaphysical inner tube
Old 09-13-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Where be this flow you speak of?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Where be this flow you speak of?
I find it by doing step 11. Every day when I leave home for work I step into the alley behind the garage and look at the little patch of grass and trees they have there. I say a prayer for all the people that are in pain, and for those that cannot pray for themselves. When I get home from work I do the same thing. When I sit at a meal, and before I got to bed I do the same.

This gives me practice and excercises my "acceptance muscles". That way when stuff happens in life and my head starts to spin it has become much easier to just say a prayer and get myself "grounded".

Every other day I do a little yoga. I intentionally "turn off" my brain and focus on the movements. Ok, so the brain stays "off" for about 20 seconds before it re-starts and I have to wrestle it back down, but I'm getting better at it Anyway, this gives me practice and excercises my "serenity muscles". That way, after I have said a prayer to help me get "grounded" in response to some stressful event in life it has become easier to "turn it over" and get back to working on those things I _can_ change.

Acceptance and serenity, aka the "flow of the universe", the "tao", etc. is the _result_ of practicing a program of recovery in my daily life. The specific actions that I have taken which lead to that result have been the 12 steps and the "excercising" of my "emotional muscles" thru prayer and meditation.

Mike