Notices

Week 6 - Still getting hangovers

Old 09-12-2009, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week 6 - Still getting hangovers

Hi everyone,

Just joined to share my experiences. I was drinking almost everyday since 2005 and I`ve been off it now since August, so Iīm quite new to this. I donīt suffer from depression but I do have mood swings, anger and irritability, and finding it hard to get motivated. But I`m happy to be dealing with these feelings sober.

Anyway, as per title, how long does this last for? Does anyone else get it? I find it extremely difficult to open my eyes and feel horribly groggy in the morning, even after 8 hours of sleep. Itīs a very unnatural feeling, like my head is polluted. My diet is very healthy and I exercise everyday, but the mornings don`t seem to be getting any better. It only lasts for a few minutes and then Iīm upbeat, but it`s not a nice way to wake up. Couldn't find anything in PAWS but I assume this has something to do with it.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So i guess your hangovers would last a few minutes when you were drinking.

Robbo
Old 09-12-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would probably see a doctor in your situation. I do not remember hangovers after 6 weeks of sobriety, but everyone is different. Seeing a doctor can at least ease your worries. Congratulations on being sober 6 weeks.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Heathen

What has your doctor said? Sometimes when we quit drinking, other ailments that we've ignored start becoming apparent. Might have nothing to do with drinking/not drinking.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with smacked and Horsey, Seaghan - if you haven't seen a doctor I would - just to stop you worrying

Welcome to SR tho - and congratulations on your 6 weeks of sobriety
D