God appears to be in control!

Old 09-12-2009, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God appears to be in control!

my husband and I went to court for my AD's hearing today. While I worried and fretted she would be released on her own recognizance, or to her enabler, dealer BF, the judge decided to keep her in jail until next hearing at least, on 9/22.

While I worried and fretted and argued with the jail nurse who said, "your daughter does not need HIV meds at this time", it turned out that she was right. somehow, although my kid did not take her HIV meds for 3 months due toher own negligence, her last labs were fabulous with a viral load of only 800(it used to be over 100,000) and a Tcell count of 800 (low end of normal). I never heard of someone needing meds for a year and then not needing them... go figure.

While I worried my AD would take a long time to forgive me for refusing to allow her to be released to my custody today,(much theatrics on her part) it only took 2 hours before she called from jail (yes, i took the call) and acted like nothing happened, and could I please send her a money order for the commisary?

While I freaked out totally when the court ordered me to pay for her legal defense (a crazy NJ law where the parent has to pay for legal defense for a minor child - even when the victim of the crime IS the parent, and even when the kid is no longer a kid -she turned 21 yesterday- because the charges were incurred when she was 17) it turns out we only have to pay for a court appointed lawyer who only charges $30 an hour instead of $400 an hour that a normal lawyer would charge. At this point, bad law or not, we are greatly relieved.

My AD is exactly where she belongs. God is doing for her what she has never been able to do for herself - be clean and safe. And God keeps showing me that he really 'has this' well in hand. The message from my HP seems to be "You can trust Me this time, or you can kick and scream and try to control everything - either way, I have this right now. Your choice."

Old 09-12-2009, 12:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing that. It was beautiful
Old 09-12-2009, 02:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I was not able to regain my sanity until I stopped getting in God's way and let Him take over. But the moment I did (and it was a "moment" when I just knew I could not live one more day like that), everything changed and I have never looked back.

I believe God loves all His children, including his addicted ones, and that faith alone helps me make it through each day.

Your story touched my heart and I will keep your daughter in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 09-12-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepygoat View Post
And God keeps showing me that he really 'has this' well in hand. The message from my HP seems to be "You can trust Me this time, or you can kick and scream and try to control everything - either way, I have this right now. Your choice."

Amen! I know this, and yet sometimes I still kick & scream.

Hugs & Prayers coming your way.
Chris
Old 09-12-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can trust Me this time, or you can kick and scream and try to control everything - either way, I have this right now. Your choice."
If I was a tatooing type person, I would have this inked backwards on my forehead so I could read it every time I looked at my reflection. Like Chris, I know it, I just sometimes forget to live it.

Excellent post, thanks Sleepy.