Notices

Crawling skin?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crawling skin?

Have any of you ever experienced this feeling? It feels like my skin is crawling, some really strange sensations are happening like being fidgity, antsy, can't sit still, my mind is bouncing all over, and overall it's not a bad feeling. It feels like I'm waking up, coming out of a winter's slumber, it's a strange feeling but not uncomfortable enough to drink over, cause I'm sure that's the root of it, not having any booze in my system. And my ears are ringing inside my head, that can't be a good thing, can it?

Alcohol and xanax really screwed me up and now I'm paying for it. There's always a price to pay if ya want to play. The price depends on how much you play, sometimes it costs a little, sometimes it's all you've got.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

There's no question that we do harm to our bodies when we are drinking or using drugs. All we can do, is to take care of ourselves today. We can live a healthy life, right now. I hope you feel better, and of course, you can always talk to your dr.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks anna,

Gonna try to just ride this out, eat better, get some rest, and hit the books for class to keep my mind occupied. As they say, this too shall pass. Think I'll pop some vitamins too.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good plan!

I think B vitamins are especially good for recovering addicts.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks again anna,

I just popped a couple, however I need to run out and buy some multi. Gosh, I looked in my fridge and there's nothing there but cold space, a couple lonely pickles, with ketchup and mustard. What a meal. Time to go shopping big time and stock up.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I detoxed at home, was a nightmare, itching all over, sweating uncontrollably, shakes, hallucinations etc. If the itching gets worse I would go the docs
Old 09-10-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Know exactaly what you are talkin about!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
Have any of you ever experienced this feeling? It feels like my skin is crawling, some really strange sensations are happening like being fidgity, antsy, can't sit still, my mind is bouncing all over, and overall it's not a bad feeling. It feels like I'm waking up, coming out of a winter's slumber, it's a strange feeling but not uncomfortable enough to drink over, cause I'm sure that's the root of it, not having any booze in my system. And my ears are ringing inside my head, that can't be a good thing, can it?

Alcohol and xanax really screwed me up and now I'm paying for it. There's always a price to pay if ya want to play. The price depends on how much you play, sometimes it costs a little, sometimes it's all you've got.
If you dont mind me aski ng how far into you detox are you and what kind of drinker were you daily/Binge etc

I ask this as it can certainly make a difference in withdrawals symptoms.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was like Marty - had the works - and it all went away, never to return.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hevyn View Post
i was like marty - had the works - and it all went away, never to return.
how long did it take for you works to go then
Old 09-10-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi robbo - I think it was about a week for the crawly leg feeling to go. The other stuff, 2-3 wks. and it stopped almost abruptly. I did load up on the B-vitamins & tried to eat something other than potato chips and candy bars (my diet of choice for awhile.) Also, walked alot when I felt like I was jumping out of my skin.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Yeah, withdrawals for me are far from pleasant. And by that I mean 'the works' too. They go away I hear, but I learned Tuesday that stress in the early days can bring them back stronger (it was my 9th day if I remember right). And I wouldn't really say they were gone right now (13 1/2 days after 7453 days of drinking), just calmed down to a point I don't shake/etc obviously. A lot of times I just rub my hands to ease the (smaller now) spasms.

Basically, from what I've noticed on SR, is pretty much anything can happen. Alcohol has messed up our body's ability to function right, and once you strip the body of alcohol, ain't no telling how that body will react. Which is kinda general, I admit.

Like marty888 said, if it gets worse, see a doctor definitely.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks SR.

Today is day ten and these symptoms come and go. I'm exhausted, but ate good this morning and took some vitamins, which seem to help me calm down, yet feel a little better. At least my hands aren't shaking today, I can hold coffee without spilling it, but my hand/eye coordination is difficult, I keep hitting the wrong keys when typing, that sort of stuff. My thoughts are calming down, but my attention span is 1/2%, not quite zero, but close to it. I know this will pass, I've detoxed off booze many times before, but detoxing from the combination of xanax and booze is proving to be a nasty, tough endeavor.

I can tell you one thing, sobriety, just being able to think, feel serene and calm is looking pretty damn good right now and I can't wait to get there. This detox crap is an nightmare. Speaking of nightmares, I'm having those too, drinking dreams, I guess you would call this the works. Cold sweats, too hot, too cold, no wonder I feel like drinking gasoline to calm my nerves. No worry, I'm sticking with water.

Thanks again, at least I'm not the only one to go through this crap.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If you go to the Dr., ask him to do a BMP. It's a blood panel that will show you what's going on with your electrolytes. Lots of times alcoholics are low on folic acid.