Notices

Can someone help answer me?

Old 09-10-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Can someone help answer me?

:wtf2Hi, I am on day 3 of not using pain pills. I just would like to know how long the withdraw symptoms last. I hear it was 4 days but I just like to know how long I am looking at. I kinda feel like i giving up but then I have never came this far so I dont want to. I just wanna know how long the withdraws will last.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pain pills not my DOC but just wanted to welcome you to SR. Keep coming back and reading and posting. Take a look at the other forums related to narcotics as well. Good to have you here. I'm sure others will chime in on this who have more experience to offer you.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rockstar

I want to welcome you to SR too. There's lots with pain pill experience here and you will get great support and advice. Congrats on day 3 keep it up
Old 09-10-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Good morning & welcome to the Sober Recovery community.
Withdrawl symptoms vary because of many physical factors.
If they become severe, please contact a health professional.
You've made a decision to stop, please stick to it & hang on.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

pain pills have been my DOC for the past year. I'm only on day 7 of not using and I can still feel the withdrawl. For me, the physical withdrawl ends around day 4 for the most part. but even on day 7 my body aches and I'm having a hard time sleeping. I think my biggest down fall is after day 4 I'm going crazy in my head from not using...I would suggest getting to a meeting soon...I know that whenever I tried to detox from oxy I could make it through the phsyical stuff but when I cravings kicked in I went right back out, thats where the meetings help. But your not alone, I know how you feel right now..it sucks but it does get better. Hope this helped a little...
Old 09-10-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us.

I think that withdrawl from drugs/alcohol varies from person to person, but you can always check with your dr.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I dont have a dr and i cant afford to get one either so I am kinda alone on this.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The first two weeks are going to be the toughest.......try exercising lightly such as walking, stretching, work up a sweat and detoxify yourself......eat lots of fruits and veggies..... try to meditate.....take a bath or long showwer......just a few tips....
Old 09-10-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Red face

Way to go. One day at a time and they'll go away.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CryStalKiTTy View Post
I dont have a dr and i cant afford to get one either so I am kinda alone on this.
Well we're here if you need to reach out.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi CryStalKiTTy

I'm an alcoholic so I have no advice for you other than they get better.
It makes no sense to me to give up to have to go through them all again another time.

I'm sorry you can afford a dr - I really think that would be a wise investment if you could manage it.

You might like to check out our substance abuse forum too
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR
D
Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's different for every person and every drug. I'm on day 6 of not taking an anti depressant which I've taken for 15! years, I first spent time just lowering the dosage; I'm still sort of in a fog, achy all over, occassional numbness; dizzy etc...BUT the good thing I also have actually cried a few tears AND have laughed so hard it almost hurt! 2 things I haven't done in many years! I was on the drug for so many years I can't expect to be 'normal' in a week.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO DAY 3!!! YOU MADE IT PAST THE WORST PART AND IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER FROM HERE!!!

Remember, You are past the worst part, the hardest part!!! Live it one day at a time!! Tomorrow will be better and then next day will be even better than the day before!! How much did you use a day? What was your dose at a time?