Off topic... looking for a new apartment...

Old 09-07-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Off topic... looking for a new apartment...

...it will be the 5th time I move in less than a year... just thinking about it makes me tired !!

I was SO happy where I am today, but it seems the owner needs his apartment as he broke up with his girlfriend... and now the cat and me need to have another place ASAP

I just ask God to send me to a tranquil place without much noise and with light.. where the neighbors are not problematic noisy jerks... I don't care about anything else.

Trying to see the good, I will start owning my own stuff, I have some money $$ for the fridge, etc and I may save some $$ in another place as this one was quite expensive.

I worry because the laws here require someone to back me up with estate and I have no family or friends that are owners of homes here so... I hope that sorts itself out... well as I write this a friend comes to mind... perhaps she can help me... this guy I was renting to did not ask me for it as we are coworkers....

There was a lurker near that building, that looked very suspicious so I am trying to think that perhaps the new apartment will be safer and its God's plan but PLEASE GOD send me somewhere safe and nice !

Time to start anew for the Nth time... gosh.
At least I got the support of my bf.

Will see apartments all this week.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh how I feel your pain. I remember way back when my 21 year old was a toddler. We finally moved to a nicer rental house after 5 years in another place. A year later the landlord wanted that house to move back into. Sooo, my two girls and I had to make due with a tiny one-bedroom apartment for several months (most of the stuff went into storage). Then we found another very nice rental house, a year later the landlords sold it, and moved us into their own house (right next door) because they moved to Florida. A year later they wanted that house back for their daughter, and again, we had to move. I've been in the same place now for almost 14 years!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow

Well I just told the landlord that I understand how it feels not to be OK staying at one place and if he wants to arrive today I have no problem, I have my own bed anyway (and could use the $$ I could be given back for sharing). And I asked him if he could be my backup (he knows I pay in time and is in his interest for me to leave soon!)

Let's see what he says... I had not thought about him for my backup but well he may as well help me out.

5 times in less than one year, I am tired, its as if I start to settle and then it all changes again !!! But I am grateful I got enough money for the move, otherwise I'd be f*cked up lol

Things happen for a reason... at least I will not be as close to ex and don't remember him while watching over the window... this MAY be convenient for me in the long run...

Sheeesh I had lots of plans these two weeks, already got work-related stress to put this on top of it but well I will remember how to breathe and do my best.

Two coworkers have given me some numbers for apartments nearby...

Also if I end up somewhere and I end up having bad neighbors well I will move again, what's the problem? By now I will get a discount by the moving company AHHH!!!!

Thanks for listening...
Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Sigh - I am so tired of packing and moving. I've found that having nothing makes it easier.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey TC,

I feel your pain. Good luck to you! You and kitty will find an awesome place, I know it.

While I was in school, I lived in a studio apartment and had most of my things in storage. After school, I moved up here with family, so what little I had in the studio went into storage for the summer. Now that I am moving into a new place, I am getting everything out of storage. It will be the first time in 2 years, that all my junk has been in once place! Tomorrow is the move day, YUCK!
Old 09-07-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh wow, fingers crossed that you'll find something serene, safe, and inexpensive

I don't envy you the move. I think I'll have to move here in the next year. I've lived in my house for 6 years and the amount of stuff that can collect - ugh.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow

Thanks a lot... I just remembered an apartment on my same building is vacant.. I will see if they have a phone number or otherwise I will post a sign saying "PLEASE rent me your place"... it would be nice to move just one floor down!

I got an appointment at 630 this afternoon somewhere else... the lady sounded nice...

Will drive around looking for a place nearby... damn, I feel very pressured by time I hope the guy agrees to back me up with his estate... otherwise I don't know what I will do...

First things first... thanks for your support!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The note idea is a great idea!
Old 09-07-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Well I arrived home and there was a sign alright, I called, saw the apartment and its CHEAPER...

The landlord called and said that he would come at 10 PM and agreed to be my $$ backup so hopefully we agree on a date to sign the contract and I will just move one floor down !!!

PLEASE HP... don't let others call first. Make it easy for me will you? PLEASE?

Thanks for your moral support!!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Question I want to be a guy in my next lifetime

Over the phone, the landlord thanked me, it was only one week for my next payment anyway and he helped me when I was desperate so it feels good to pay back the favor. He said tomorrow we can call this lady and see which docs. she needs! I am more relaxed... hopefully, hopefully...

I am trying to picture myself happy there, watching my bamboo plants from the inside, doing morning yoga, decorating it with things I LOVE... I read this helps, imagining something as if you already got it (fake it until you make it)

Well the landlord sounded devastated over the phone and saying his relationship did not work, that he had spent days in friends' houses and hotels and was feeling lost.

He just arrived.

With a Brazilian model. (Correction. In my next lifetime I want to be a Brazilian model).

First question. How can he sound so bad yet talk and SLEEP next to a woman as if nothing happened?

Second question. Where do these guys get their memory erasers and heart-dissasociation (sp) powers?

:wtf2
Old 09-07-2009, 11:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I have my fingers crossed for you to get the apartment! (makes typing difficult but if it helps...)

TC - about your landlord. What he does in his life is his business. Maybe he's consoling himself?! Whatever. It isn't on your side of the street! Watch out for codie tendencies - mine spring up when I least expect them!
Old 09-08-2009, 01:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((TC))

I hope you and kitty get a new space relatively quickly! I remember, in my younger day, counting up that I had moved 18 times in 3 year. I stopped counting after that!

Now, thanks to my own addiction and being in a relationsihp with another crack addict who sold most of what I owned while I as in jail, what I own has been reduced to momentos that fit into a storage shed. I guess moving the next time won't be so bad, huh?

You and kitty will be fine. You've got a great attitude about it, so you can't go wrong. I moved to FL with the 2 cats I had years ago into an apt. with rented furniture. They were totally stressed until I made the bed with my sheets and they smelled "us", I guess, and then they were fine. Yes, I wash my sheets, but I think cats have pretty strong strength of smell

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-08-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Earlier this year I had to sleep in the car for a month when I had to leave my unit after 7 years because I could not afford the rent increase. I was desperate and stressed out, having angina attacks daily.

Finally was offered council pensioner unit and moved in. It is perfect, and I am in secure housing with no chance of huge rent increases every 6 months. Have made a garden and have a HUGE tomato plant with 68 tomatoes on it, lucky I love them, plus, lettuces, silver beet and a herb garden.

Funnily I had heart attack a month after moving in, that good old Post Traumatic stress let me know that I had nearly worried myself into the grave. Feeling fine after heart surgery a few weeks back and coped with my XAH's sudden death without the "usual" attacks of angina. God is SO good.

Prayers for you TC, that you get exactly the place you need and want and SOON.

God bless
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi !!

Thanks for your support!!!!!!

book thanks, I do not care much about their life, I do not like "nosey" people its just that he did not mention he was arriving with a new girlfriend already and it took me by surprise given he was so miserable 2 hours earlier! But yes, I agree... codie... NO MORE!

I just dont know where all of you get your strength, I mean I go through things that have solutions, and in fact are not really PROBLEMS per se, etc etc yet all of you have gone through much more !

The landlord said we could call the new landlord today.... I slept next to the cat yesterday night and she was so well behaved!!

And out on one room of this apartment there is a little thingie for flowers or plants...

While I was waiting for the landlord I did some yoga and it helped me a lot... I plan to put a lot of paintings there, as there is space the cat and me can co-author some of them!! I want to be an artist like Penelope Cruz in Vicky Cristina Barcelona!! LOL
Old 09-08-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

TC, I am wishing you well in finding just the right haven for you and your furbaby.

Moving never was my favorite thing and this last harrowing journey was the most chaotic of all (Two dogs, three cats, and a Uhaul full of crazy). But I survived, and so shall you two!!

One minute, I cannot stand the idea of moving, then the next I find myself itching to get back out there and find my own little hideaway some place. For now, I'm working and saving my pennies in my friend's basement.

The way I see it, wherever you can safely lay your head at night with those you hold dear is home.

Alice
Old 09-08-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Today is my bf's birthday and I am planning to buy him a pizza, I was going to home cook one myself but I am a busy woman !!

I will just grab it and buy red wine... we are starting to appreciate the different flavors... before we tried wines from Chile and now we are trying some from Mexico, ... I will also rent a movie

Of course now that I got roomies I won't have the romantic dinner I expected but at least we will celebrate... and I will also buy a little cake, thank you for reminding me!!!

I also got a Garfield card, that says "BEWARE... you are about to have a HUG attack!! I adore you " if only I remembered where I put it.. aw its so great to be stable with someone and give each other stuff... NONE of my ex bfs gave me any present or surprise LOL

Talked to the new landlord, she sounded nice... I forwarded the documents she needs to old landlord and will prepare the ones I can get, I agreed to call tomorrow to see how we are doing... I told her I plan to be around for a few more years so, it is going well and I have a good feeling!! I love it when I take steps to achieve things... its SO TRUE that action is the antidote of despair... THANKS, GL!

Hugs to everyone
Old 09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Yes anvilhead, he is a total player, from California, ALWAYS suntanned, green eyes, new car every week (today he arrived in a black Pontiac)

If you saw him around you would never imagine he is heart broken so, you just never know how someone feels inside...
Old 09-18-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

UPDATE...

Well my landlord just told me he got the docs to support me!!!! I AM SO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL... he just told me I was great and he is just returning the favor...

There was a cheaper apartment on the same building but it got rented already! And now I know I would not have been too happy, those neighbors are more noisy, TV on all the time, a dog, and there is a new dog on the neighborhood that keeps barking... not to mention there was a stranger walking around on the ceiling at odd hours in the morning... I did not feel very safe here anymore... so everything happens for a reason!

There was an apartment I liked and they removed the For Rent sign... I decided to call anyway yesterday and the lady said it is STILL available, in 3 hours I will see it with my bf and see what he thinks...

He MAY move with me... after he gets a job.. so maybe we share the rent $$ sometime in the future... I gave this a lot of thought and I think it will be a good way of knowing him even more.. with the advantage that I can kick him out anytime LOL no but really I think we are going to be just fine.

I am so excited, once I trusted God/HP I would end in a good place... everything sorted itself "magically" ... I just hope I am able to get this apartment... PLEASE send me good vibes this afternoon....

It is more expensive than my current one but I decided I need a place to feel safe and peaceful.. I don't care much about anything else... to live in peace and silence is worth any price....
Old 09-18-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Sending good vibes your way and I have my fingers crossed that this will be the one for you!