I have had it!! Bigtime vent.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have had it!! Bigtime vent.

So, my sister who is a lortab/crack/cocaine abusing (forgot if your allowed to curse on here)-her older daughters called me tonight saying that she hadn't come home after leaving the house messed up with her other two kids. Finally, midnight rolled around and they drove around town only to locate her vehicle at the Best Western Hotel. They called and asked for her. She answered the phone and was completely screwed up. With the two babies in the room!! They called the police who didn't do anything about it at all cause they "didn't want to violate her civil rights" by giving her a drug test. Also, she answered the door naked when the police came to her room.
Guess-what I don't give a flying *&^% about her civil rights. I made a very serious CPS report tonight because she has harmed and damaged those children enough and I canott sit back and have everyone do nothing anymore!
I hope they call me to take the kids. My husband and I will fight her like crazy in court. I am a bit upset by the whole situaiton if you can't tell already. Very angry with her-def. not ready to let things go after tonights sequence of events.
Thanks for letting me vent as I am very upset and don't think I will be able to get to sleep for some time tonight. Sorry if harsh-just mad at this point,
Paula
Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Paula,
Don't be sorry for being so upset, I don't blame you. Are they her 2 babies? I know you posted about one of her son's 7 or so I think you said, he is with her at the hotel? It is so frustrating when the police can't do anything, but really...what about the children's civil rights, they didn't choose be where they are!

Were you able to talk to anyone from CPS?
I am so hoping they call you as well to take the kids. Good for you for calling the CPS, her older daughters should be able to back you up.

I have my fingers crossed for you and the babies!

Rose
Old 09-07-2009, 01:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Paula,

You have a right to vent, and you and your H are to be commended for standing up for the kids.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Paula, someone has to be the voice of the children and bless you for doing what you need to do to keep those kids safe.

Prayers for all of you.

Hugs
Old 09-07-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Go for it.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you have every reason to be upset.........and did the best that you could do at the moment by calling CPS
letting go of the addict doesnt mean standing by and watching then harm children
hang in there, its not easy but I believe you did the best thing for all involved
Old 09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for being there for those kids. Your call was definitely in their best interest and I'm so glad that you took the time to care.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I'll say what others have already said ............................

GO FOR IT

It is the children that need the 'protection'. You and your husband are good people to be willing to take the kids in and fight for them!

Feel free to vent here as often as you need to it does help.

I totally understand your frustration.

I will say an extra prayer for you and your family and that CPS can help you get the children away from her and her addiction.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((hugs)))

Prayers that the kids get exactly what they need... and that your sis finds her bottom soon, for everyone's sake.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Most definitely! I would say definitely call CPS and explain the situation. Hopefully there won't be a next time, but should there be, call CPS AND the police. Tell them you have reason to believe that she is endangering her children.