Double standards....

Old 09-06-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Double standards....

I don't necessarily need any advice, I just need to rant. RABF has been out of rehab for less than a week, was supposed to be stoping everything, including alcohol. I have stopped drinking as well to show that I support him, and he constantly reminds me that I promised to do this. Come to find out, just three days out of rehab he was drinking!! I am SO angry!!!!!
From everything that I have read on this forum, I realize that I should not be surprised at this double standard. I guess I just thought that he would make it further before he broke down and drank. I found out from his mother, and have promised not to call him on it as it will cause a big fight between them, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
I have still not seen him since he got out because he went home to see his family before coming back to where we live. He's not even here and I am totally frustrated and just want to scream at him!!! I can't even imagine what its going to be like when he gets home!!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Clover,

I know it is so frustating, you get your hopes up and then down they go. I was just wondering, how did he become to go into Rehab...was it his choice, was he forced ect.

Of the 3 times that my husband went into Rehab, 1st time was an intervention, the 2nd two times court ordered. All 3 times ended up a flop, he was either catch using or used the minute he got out the door.

I quess you are going to have to decide whether or not you want him back home.

Rose
Old 09-06-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He chose to go, which is why I'm so surprised that he drank so soon, it might not be his drug of choice, but he made the decision to abstain from everything. He even gave his mother an ultimatum that if he was going to return home to see them she had to stop drinking and smoking pot, so she cleaned out the house and welcomed him home. I don’t know what to do, I feel betrayed and a little like I don’t want him to come home, I’m sick of this already and it’s only the beginning!
Old 09-06-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Clover, you have the choice not let him back. Please read the stickies at the top. You have the right to set boundaries of what you will allow into your life. My brother's wife came back from rehab, and he stopped drinking and having alcohol around the house to support her. I too dont bring alcohol to their house to support her recovery. But its a choice we have made, not her.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Clover7 View Post
He even gave his mother an ultimatum that if he was going to return home to see them she had to stop drinking and smoking pot, so she cleaned out the house and welcomed him home. I don’t know what to do, I feel betrayed and a little like I don’t want him to come home, I’m sick of this already and it’s only the beginning!
This sounds like a tough spot you are in but I think he has shown you by his actions of what he's choosing to do for the moment. I know you said you didn't want any advice but to just rant so I'll leave that be for now but if you read around at the other post you may find your guiding light to this issue.

There is peace when YOU are at peace.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks 'URMYEVERYTHING', I am always open to advice, I just meant that that wasn't really the point of my post, I just needed to get it out. lol